1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Creating a drow

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Nocturnal Nomad, May 31, 2003.

1. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm thinking about playing a drow through the game. I've got some ideas as to what class he should be (either assasin or kensai/mage)and what kind of armor he should wear but what are your suggestions? Not just the class but the soundfiles (custom) portraits,party and behavior in general.

2. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well...there are drow fighters, who have usually have grand mastery on longswords, so they can use two. They also use a light crossbow, and chainmail. However all this doesn't apply to characters based on Ryld Argith, who uses plate mail and uses a two handed sword.

3. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

From what I understand most drow are fighters, clerics, wizards, or a mix of them. Assassin would also be a good class as would a fighter/thief.

Most of them duel-wield a sword of some kind. Their clerics use a whip with snake heads(so I guess a flail would work for that) and a mace. As a race they are evil so as long as you play like you are evil then you are set.

4. Bassilus Banned

Unless you want a good drow, like a Drizzt wannabe or another good drow.

Make sure you give him the top right dark grey skin, and white hair. :p

Black armor is a must have, maybe give him a spear!

Start in BG1 for the tome and then he has 20 DEX!

5. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I don't know if this is possible with ShadowKeeper, but if it is, amplify your Magic Resistance to the 60-70% area, and decrease your reputation to something in the area of 6 (at the beginning, unmodified).

And be Chaotic Evil, have chalk-white hair, and jet-black skin.

Drow males are usually fighters or wizards. Sorcerer is a possibility. Drow females are almost always Clerics. This is assuming you're a "normal" drow, not, say, Drizzt or Viconia.

6. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Or just download "The Darkest Day" and play one of the drow kits.

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

This is slightly :yot: , but why is a drow a kit?

8. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The Darkest Day is buggy!
    other than using it there is no way that you can play a drow, the Charactor Record page will always display the race you chose at the begining of the game.

And is are drow just evil Elves who live in the underdark? I know that they were exiles who were sent there eons ago or something, but are there any physical differences :confused:

9. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31

I don't think there is a lot of difference so I was thinking of using a half-elf since I'll romance Vinconia. Anyone who knows a soundfile I can use?

10. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Half-elf isn't problem, since there are half-drows. Actually, half-drow fills the role even better.

You can find good soundsets from:
    http://havak.db-forge.com/files.php?type=ssbgate

Nightblade soundset could be good choice for your character.

11. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.