1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Create new NPC's

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ayla, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Ayla Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what to start with and wich programs I should download? I've already downloaded Shadowkeeper, WeiDU and Infinty Engine standard v1.0.3
    I'm really having trouble to start doing anything. :confused:

2. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] NPC's? Right, those tools... throw them out the window. Because you'll need to script NPC's. GO to TeamBG and there should be an NPC tutorial IIRC.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I use:

Weidu
    Creature Maker/Editor
    IDU
    IEEP

erm... I think that's it, if there is anything else do tell me.

4. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

That's all you need, but get the Tileset Map Editor, so that you can place your NPC in game.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Actually Weidu does that - tilset editor is quite difficult to use, I found, and you had to extract all the files - and even if you edited them there was no garuntee they'd work afterwards

6. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The definitive NPC tutorial is here:

http://forums.forgottenwars.net/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=678

Trust me. The tutorial you're likely to find at TeamBG is out of date. Among other things, it encourages you to overwrite files you should be appending to, because at the time (over a year ago) people didn't... know any better.

In this case, WeiDU and NI (or the game's bundled script compiler) are all you need to get your new character into the game.

You don't need a map editor to place a CRE on a map. Simply extend the area script to spawn the CRE at the coordinates of your choice, as demonstrated in the tutorial.

[ September 17, 2002, 10:25: Message edited by: jcompton ]

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm.... with this I might even try my hand with this thing... Sounds pretty interesting to me...

Ara
    (Ideas, ideas and more ideas...)

8. Ayla Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I've checked that tutorial on forgottenwars and I think this is going to work out fine, thanks!

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] What are you going to do with it Ara? Create Sarevok and Edwin in bed?

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    No thanks, Aikanaro, I'll leave that for my fic...
    I have a few ideas for an NPC, but to say anything would be spoiling :p

Ara
    (That is... if I manage to understand the darn thing...)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.