1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cotton-candy monkey

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by SleepleSS, Mar 21, 2005.

1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Allright, this story is a collection of some poems I did write, a lot of them are all ready somewhere here on sorcerrers, but the story that combines them is new. Hope you guys enjoy it! And all feedback is welcome!

Part 0: Introduction:

These pages tell the story of a cotton-candy monkey on her way to freedom. Armed with only a handful of rusty spoons and a triple lens magnifier she tries to flee from the dark tower, where she is held captive, to reach the mountain of cheese (With extra cheese). On top of this mountain lives a chicken that can answer all her questions. But she will never reach the mountain as a demon crosses her path and sends her on a mission…

Part 1: Love

Midsummer night trampling
    Of my wildest dreams
    A swan song for a raven
    Cursed on the silver screen
    Travelling through mirrors
    Moonlit sky is above
    My eyes blinded forever
    By this vision of love

Escape from my prison
    One foot in the grave
    A thorn from a rose stings
    To show that I’m save
    Tears of happiness
    (as)Stars guide the way
    When I’m lost like a needle
    In a pile of golden hay

Guided by your love
    I will trample their holiness
    Spilling blessed wine
    But never in vein
    Freed from my faith
    I escape from my loneliness
    Blessed forever
    By a love so insane

Going to the river
    (fall) on my knees to prey
    Singing to my demon,
    for my angel to stay
    And if the end of the world,
    today is true
    I wouldn't care
    since I spent it with you...

Guided by your love
    I will trample their holiness
    Spilling blessed wine
    But never in vein
    Freed from my faith
    I escape from my loneliness
    Blessed forever
    By a love so insane

In her dreams the cotton-candy monkey had seen the face of a young prince. It was love at first sight and her dream love showed her the way out of the dark tower and towards to river. When she reached the river she found out the prince of her dream was death. A demon appears telling her that he can save him is she is able to perform a dangerous mission, burning the holy books in the library of Emmendale. This could be the end of the world but the cotton-candy monkey accepted the task since her love was so strong.

Part 2: Piracy

I’m the scourge of the 7th sea
    Every one is afraid of me
    Bob, the navigator is on the deck
    The cannons are ready, my flag is black
    I’ve got a bottle of wine and two bottles of rum
    And all my mateys have a shotgun!
    We plunder your island and take the loot
    **** all your woman and eat your food
    Captain Rolscup is my name
    Your town will never be the same…

To cross the river and travel to Emmendale the Cotton-candy monkey climbs a board a ship. It turns out to be the ship of the vicious pirate Captain Rolscup, he and his pirates are feared be many. Our heroine finds out the other side of captain Rolscup as he is willingly to bring her to Emmendale. What she doesn’t know is that captain Rolscup wants to plunder Emmendale and that he needs the blood from the monkey to get in.

[For only the blood of a cotton-candy monkey can lift the curse, the curse that withholds captain Rolscup from the shores of Emmendale]

Part 3: Death is only the beginning

Dead can dance the night away
    It looks so evil but it's okay
    If you can't handle just look the other way
    While the mourning sun brings another day

The cotton-candy monkey finds out about Captain Rolscup’s plan. When she tries to flee she get caught by Bob the Navigator who brings her to the captain. The captain sings a song for her after saying that there are a lot of things that are worse then death. That night as the cotton-candy is asleep the captain slits open her throat with his sword to get her blood. Then he tosses the monkey overboard. The demon sees this and resurrects her. Not knowing what just happened the monkey washes ashore on the beach of Emmendale.

Part 4: Blood of a rose

Welcome to my world, population you and me
    Then you disappeared, so I was left alone you see?
    You Didn’t believe in the truth, but I refused to lie
    Can’t eat Can’t sleep Can’t think, so slowly I will die

Are you happy now?
    Are you happy now?

Red the colour of passion, thorns that stick in the flesh
    The horror of beauty, but A horror none the less…

Our heroine is shocked by the things see sees the pirates of captain Rolcup are slaughtering the locals of Emmendale. It reminds her of her youth, the golden days the did spent with her 2 closest friends. To bad an accident happened in witch one of them died. Her other friend blamed our heroine for the accident and went away, she never heart from him again, and she still misses him.

Part 5: Hate

Darkness has fallen over me and you
    Now it has its grip over Emmendale to
    A beast has risen, a dark angel flaps her wings
    a demon is smiling, drenched in the blood of the kings
    The end is near but no tears please
    ‘Cause maybe in death we all find peace

The cotton-candy monkey feels nothing more then pain and hate. There is death all around her but slowly the power to care slips away from her. Then a strange lizard like creature approaches her. He introduces himself as Luthien, the principle of hate made flesh. Luthien guides the cotton-candy monkey the palace of Emmendale where the book is located. They way is filled with dead bodies and blood, but no one seems to care anymore.

Part 6: memories

A jester with a broken smile
    walking just an endless mile
    travelling through the endless sand
    Will his journey ever end?

As The Monkey and Luthien enter the palace they get captured by guards, who think they are pirates. They got locked up in a little cell. In her dreams the monkey sees the face of her dream prince and she starts to wonder if she is doing the right thing.

Part 7: Broken home

Hello father hello mother
    Thanks for standing in my way
    Goodbye sister goodbye Brother
    Now you’re dead so it’s Okay

All you told where lies
    But you said it was true
    Your love for me was as cold as ice
    That’s why I burned you

So now I have my own life
    I always run away
    See my reflection in the knife
    It will never be okay…

The cotton-candy monkey finds out that Luthien is so bitter because of his troubled childhood. They have long conversations about life and love and start to get really close.

Part 8: Friendship

I believe in unicorns,
    yes I believe in you.
    I believe in magic spells,
    And al the curses to.
    And if the world we are living in,
    Is on her last days to.
    Then all the lies you told to me,
    All of them are true...

Thanks to the friendship Luthien is changing, and transforms into a beautiful magic unicorn. With his powers he opens the cell and he and the monkey escape.

Part 9: Misery

Feeling strangely happy about a thing so sad
    the dreams I didn’t survive were the best I ever had
    I wished I had died in your arms that day
    I wished I had died before I sailed away
    Feeling hopeless and lost on the open sea
    Now a shade of purple has frozen me…

Sun is shining on the gold painted coal
    My vision is blurred by sadness and alcohol
    The grim reaper, He points at me
    A demons smile is the last I see
    But I died only in my mind
    In another sad day, myself I find…

As Luthien and the cotton-candy monkey wander through the corridors of the palace of Emmendale, the reach the conclusion that they are lost. Luthien opens his mouth to say something, but then there is that shot. Luthien falls to the ground and a man dressed in black appears from the shadow, knocking down our heroine. In her dream she sees the demon smiling at her and saying now is the time! When she wakes op she sees that the man in black has disappeared and that he took the magic horn of the unicorn.

Part 10: Dreaming?

Hit me with reality
    The dark side is all I can see
    Drag me away from this horrible place
    Let's destroy our entire race

In the dark I found my self
    Like paint dripping from a shelf
    Like the blood drippin' from my vein
    Feels so good to be insane....

By now the cotton-candy monkey is filled with anger and hate, she doesn’t care anymore and continuous her original mission: Burning the holy books in the library.

Part 11: Screaming?

When your head is filled with thoughts of doom
    Use them for a tragic poem
    Then take the bottle to drown them with
    'Cause suicide just isn't it!

As the cotton-candy monkey finally reaches the library, she grabs a candle and starts a fire the entire country starts to shake, could this really be the end of it all? Then she wonders: "how I’m I getting out of this?" At that moment the ceiling collapse and the cotton-candy monkey gets covered in a pile of rubbish.

Part 12: Conclusion

Full moon shines on sugar coated lies
    Cotton-candy monkeys dance but I can’t look them in the eyes
    River Styx is running through my mind
    The torn of a rose stabs me blind
    Pink lemonade drinking angels talk behind my back
    A blue cat hisses like some kind of maniac

And so the end of the world was there, and now we are travelling through these post apocalyptic waste lands. You call it hopeless? I shall not, cause I know that somewhere on this planet stands a mountain of cheese, with extra cheese and from the top of this mountain we will see salvation.

[For who am I you might ask? I’m the chicken of knowledge, leader of your world.]

[ March 21, 2005, 16:46: Message edited by: SleepleSS ]

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If this were a painting I would compare it to Van Gogh. As is it is: sad, morbid, haunting, nightmarish, strange.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

That was actually pretty damn good. Some parts (especially the non-poetry bits) could do with a bit of tidying up, and you seem to have used the wrong homonyms in a few places, but otherwise...

And why did you call the lizard 'Luthien'? I would say change it to something else, because the image on an elf-maiden doesn't really work in this :p

4. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Well actually the not poetry parts are quickly saying what happens during the poem, it's not the entire story just a quick roundup of the events.

The name Luthien popped up in my head wile writing this, When I looked back her on Sorcerers for some of my older poems I found out where it came from. But I'm not sure if I pronounce it the way you do :)

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well - Luthien is a character from Tolkien's The Silmarillion, so yeah...

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Hmm I better start thinking abouth another name then :)

Climbing in a tree
    she is looking at me
    On this island we can be free
    The cotton-candy monkey and me

7. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I enjoyed it alot, Sleepy. I think you have something there.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Interesting. Definitely good :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.