1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Controlling the AI questions

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by SlickRCBD, Apr 12, 2010.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm new to this game, and it seems the manual was rather incomplete.
    I thought I set the automatic summon of animal companions to off, yet I just gained a level along with Bevil. Upon switching to Bevil to level up, my PC summoned her animal companion while I was giving Bevil specialization in longswords.

I used the built-in updater to patch the game and it says 1.023 (1765) final Aug 17 2009

It seems like a bug, as I didn't want to summon it just yet.

Another question, how do I scout ahead? Bevil and that spider keep following and engaging in combat.

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    The best way to "go solo" and make sure your companions do nothing is to get into the behaviour tab and set "puppet mode" to ON, using the "All" button will do this for everyone. When you're done soloing you can go back and turn it off for All again. Even when doing this I noticed companions sometimes still follow, you can stop this by selecting your PC, right-clicking on his portrait and issue the command to stay put (I don't remember what it was called but the name is obvious when you see it).

Unfortunately I cannot help you for the animal companion, what you did should work (it does in my game) and you already have the latest patch (1.23). Turning puppet mode on will also stop them from summoning but that's a pain to do every time you switch away from your PC.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.