1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Continuing after killing Sarevok?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by stormhand, Mar 4, 2002.

1. stormhand Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I finally managed to kill Sarevok. After the movie was played, there was a message saying the system was doing a "final save". The generics appeared and after a few screens I clicked and interupted the displays. I then turned off the computer.

Later on, I went back to it wanting to complete the TotSC adventures, which was already installed before I killed Sarevok. I loaded the "final save", thinking it was the appropriate one, but I was brought back right before the final battle. And I did not see any other saves that would be after the battle. What am I doing wrong?? I am sure there must be a way to continue playing since TotSC could be installed after the game was completed.

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me what it is I am doing wrong and how can I go on and finish the TotSC adventures.

Thanx in advance for your usual help.

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

There is nothing wrong. After Sarevok, there is nothing more to do. You have to complete Tales of the Sword Coast before you kill Sarevok.

3. the_eleven Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well, when you load the Final Save you are supposed to be automaticaly transported to Ulgoth's Beard where you would begin as if you have not killed Sarevok yet. As you know it doesn't work like that (must be a bug that was never fixed). So in order to get back and do the TotSC quests, you would have to go back the way you came in, through the maze.

A couple of side notes. Load the Final Save and fight Sarevok again, it's a tougher battle this time. And just for kicks, you can load the Mission Pack save game to see how you should be transported to Ulgoth's Beard when you load the Final Save.

[This message has been edited by the_eleven (edited March 04, 2002).]

4. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

It does work like that, my version has always taken me to Ulgoth's... Without any patches or anything.

It was a double-edged sword however, due to a bug I once couldn't complete Durlag's Tower (Stuck on the last floor, only had to solve one riddle before confronting the resident demon, the last wardstone failed to work. *sigh*) so I just decided to go on and kill Sarevok. Surprise! The game whisked me to Durlag's every single time, as I hadn't completed all the TotSC quests. *groan* Probably could've transported myself to the last room with CLUAConsole, but it really didn't cross my mind at that time.

5. sorvo Guest

Does anyone know the CLUAConsole code for the final battle scene with Sarevok and friends:confused:

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

So ... when is it a good time to pull the plug on the BG story line and head to TotSC??? I am in the catacombs under Candaldeep right now. I just killed the dopplegangers and skeletons and am facing the mage in the caves (his name starts with a P ... I keep thinking PUG, but he's from the Krondor books)

I was teleported down here, so I don't know if I could leave if I wanted to. without CLUcounsel(I've made it this far without any cheats), what can I do???

7. sorvo Guest

Your headed in the right direction Mathetais, you should probably do the TotSC quests before you go back to city. What level is your party?

8. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Sorvo, I think I'm 7th level.
    My party ... (please don't rip on my spelling ;) )

Me a Paladin
    Minsc
    The Archer/Ranger Guy
    Safana
    Minsc's Mage Girl Friend

Yes ... only 5 people and no cleric. Vic dumped me because of my Heroic Reputation!

I might try to go find the dwarf fighter/cleric because I think healing might come in handy, but who knows.

9. sorvo Guest

Yeslick was in the Cloakwood mines, didn't you meet him already?

10. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Met him and then dumped him for Vic. I think I left him in the Cloakwood naked and alone ....

11. sorvo Guest

If you traded him for Vic she was located east of the FAI, hope that helps;)

12. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] What and Branwen? Shes in stone at the fairgrounds. Crack the rock via stone to flesh.

13. sorvo Guest

He already picked her up but I think she bitched to much about the rep;)

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Yeah, she met with an untimely death and I *forgot* to raise her.

If only she had Jan's voice script ... "Don't Forget To Raise Me!" ;) :grin:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.