1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Console - details on how to use?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Blue, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Since I'm constantly lacking cash, I would like to use the console to give my finances a little aid. Could somebody please help me with a detailed, exact command line for doing that? Here is what I have found out so far, and what I LACK to be able to make it work:

- I have managed to bring up the console by pressing shift+? or shift+\ (but not sure which one, since it only works now and then).

- I've managed to get a list of all possible commands by typing 'commands' (without the ').

- The command for giving money is (I suppose): dm_givegold - BUT!! HOW do I GET the gold? How do I type the amount of gold I want into the command? I've tried a lot of alternatives like: dm_givegold 500 - dm_givegold '500' - dm_givegold500 - etc. but nothing works. Could somebody please give me the exact string of code for typing an amount into a command?

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Press 'Enter' and then type exactly '##dm_givegold <amount_of>'. It is that easy. To receive the money, however, you need to select your char, for that right-click the character. Took me a little time to figure out how. Have patience. Like many of the game details, the console isn't exactly user friendly.
    I don't need to tell you that you need to activate the console first, by typing 'DebugMode 1' (and ..Mode 0' for ending it). Mind it's case sensitive.

I routinely use the console and the 'givexp' code to test out how to best level characters for prestige classes before I play them.
    In NWN that was easier because you could add and take away levels and re-level using 'addlevel X/ -X' when you found out you messed up the char with poor choices. Very convenient.

That said, if I were you I'd try to play without cheating for money as it will destroy a good deal of your gaming experience.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    How can you be short on gold? What are you spending it on? Even spending a TON of my own cash on my stronghold, I was never wanting for gold, but I guess I didn't really buy a lot of stuff; I either found it or made what I wanted.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I'm just about to finish the first act I presume, have just finished off the orc tribes, and afterwards I had so much gear in my luggage that even Kheldorn was complaining about being muled. It was worth a good 60.000+ gp. Took me nearly half an hour to sell all the stuff from the various inventories of my party :rolleyes:

And you're right about crafting BTA. I think the most powerful items you make yourself. I forged myself a holy coldsteel longsword +3, my paladin Aurelia's 'Bane of the Evidoers'. To my great delight, githyanki, orcs, bugbears, necromancers and undead seem all to be evil. It turned my rather humble melee main char, quite notable being one level short as an aasimar, into a devastating powerhouse. Short of feats I ran for improved crit over power attack and cleave and it's just scary to see the thunderstorm of divine fury rip them evildoers apart .... :roll: :spin: Once she gets cleave ... ;) And thanks to xUI I enjoyed playing :heh:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.