1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Completely curing Larrel? (Contains Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Dralend, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Dralend Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I think there are stages in bringing Larrel back to his senses. The first is restoring the astrolabe, and then I think it's showing him Evayne's journal. What are the other stages. In one journey through Nym confessed, I killed him quickly and returned to Larrel thinking he would be cured and we'd get a ton of xp. Didn't happen.

So what are the stages in restoring his sanity?

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I tried all the things you mentioned, so I can't think of anything else. I guess this is how it is for Larrel for now on. But you have to admit, it's better than how he was doing.

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Don't you restore his sanity after completing the astrolabe? He seemed pretty sane (for a lich) to me after I completed it.

4. Dralend Gems: 2/31

Now I have to confess doing a search after posting - to my shame. It looks like there are just two stages: the astrolabe followed by showing Evayne's diary. This leaves Larrel in a permanent state of contemplation. But hey, that's better than him casting imprisonment or Abi Dalzim's like other liches :aaa: Actually, he's something lich-like, but there's another name for it (I forget).

5. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Actually there should be three stages(four if you kill him if its even possible).
    1. Restore the Astrolabe
    2. Show him Evaynes Diary
    3. Show him Evaynes Second Diary

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, there's Evayne's diary, and her Journal.

Doesn't really 'cure' him, but he says he'll hang around to make sure all 'his' elves make it to the afterlife.

But drilling Nym has got to be one of the highlites of the whole Icewind. They made it tougher in HoW, by letting him teleport away permanently, but I just Gibb him with the Killsword and move on to the next one. Just like Stalin did back in the 30's, but much quicker...

7. Dralend Gems: 2/31

Ah, now we're talking. Can someone post the locations of Evayne's Diary and Journal. I am in HoW with my present party, but Belhifet remains, so I'll get back at the end of the exp. to the main Icewind Dale areas.

So if EJSmith and Arahar are right then there's probably an xp reward for showing Larrel the second journal. I guess I should pay more attention to my books... :)

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

The diary is somewhere in the Severed Hand IIRC.

But the journal I know for a fact is in her tomb in the Hall of Heroes in Dorn's Deep.

9. Dralend Gems: 2/31

Thanks a lot. Now I just have to pick up her journal next time I'm in Kuldahar in a not so subtle stash point... on the ground.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.