1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Compatability

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Buck Naked, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

How well do the following WEIDU mods get along with each other...?

AjantisBG1_v2_1 - Ajantis BG1 Expansion Modification

BG1-HoF - Heart of Fury mode for Baldur's Gate 1

BG1Tweak - Created by Methuselah

bg1tweaks-v1 - A Gibberlings Three Mod

BG1UB_v7

BG_FixPack

bgqe-v4_1 - Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters

BW_Herbs - HERBS & POTIONS ADD-IN

DarkHorizons100

drizztsaga_bg1

FotDv107 - THE FIELDS OF THE DEAD

iiTweak(08)

MixModv5

NTotSC_v_2.01 - Baldur's Gate Northern Tales of the Sword Coast

tgc1e_bg1 - THE GREY CLAN EPISODE ONE: IN CANDLELIGHT

tsoaV1_5 - The Stone of Askavar

Vault_v5

XanBG1Friend_v5 - Xan's friendship path for BG1

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I have played with a similiar collection of mods a month ago. But I did not have Fields of the Dead, as it is a much complex mod which modifies many things in the game (from potions to existing spells and creatures and abilities etc) so I guess it can cause problems. You can safely play Dark Horizons+Drizzt Saga+GreyClan+Stone of Askavar together as these all ADD areas and things, rather than patching them. But IIRC, you should not install Dark Horizon's tougher enemies component as it was buggy (naming some npcs wrongly) in the version I tried. I had Dark Side of the Sword Coast installed on top of them and it turned out fine. Only I got bored after getting heaps of super powerful magical items and never cared to finish the game near the end. Truly, especially Dark Horizons give out too many magic weapons and stuff, esp. in the beginning I dropped the cheesy items the two easy enemies dropped in the first chapters, they were too powerful to the point of being ridiculous. The mod is fun and offers good challenge and diversity though, I was planning on editing the npcs with SwordCoast Keeper so that they would have standart magical equipment but I got bored and never cared.

You should be very careful at install order or you will have problems. Consult a mega mod install order guide on some forums.

3. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31

Thanks for the advice. I had figured on leaving out FotD and NTotSC for their own separate installs -- FotD may be better once it gets to its next version, but for the time being, even its own readme warns that it might not play well with other mods, and there is precious little information about NTotSC, and what there is is poorly translated from Polish. I probably won't even use BG1-HoF, iiTweak(08) or Mixmodv5 at all, since they either have features I'm not interested in or that were better implemented by other mods. Could you please do me the favor of posting your WEIDU log for your own install? I'm sure it would be a great help!

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I am sorry I don't have access to my personal computer right now so I can't post my weidu log.

As a rule of the thumb, you should get the official patch, fix pack, game text update, then quest and npc mods, and lastly, tweak mods. Also there was some trick with UB so check readmes to which you should install first or some content may be lost. You do not need Vault mod IIRC Dark Horizons include it.

Other than that, do not install UB's elven resistance to charm/sleep and Dark Horizon's tougher enemies components, they both caused major problems for me. (The first crashed the game in Gorion battle scene as he tries to put Tamoko sleep. The latter wrongly names many npcs with random, long in game texts and is annoying.)

5. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31

I hope you'll please post that WEIDU log whenever you do get back to your PC. :)

I can find nothing in the Dark Horizons readme or on its website or in its forum that says it includes the Vault, although it does include COMadventurepack and COMforge.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.