1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Collecting reputation points?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by sorvo, Oct 18, 2001.

1. sorvo Guest

[​IMG] I would like to get a list going of all the events where you can get a reputation point.I'll start with the lady in her house at the Friendly Arm Inn. She wants her ring back that the hobgoblins(north of the inn)have.

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I think you can get one for saving the farmer's cow from the xvarts ;). Having the mad captain of Nashkel go with you to the Temple for healing is another I think. Turning in Bassilus' holy symbol to Beregost's Temple might be one, can anyone confirm this? Those are three on the top of my head.

3. Tiger Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Ok let's see how many I can remember (BTW, I can't remember the names of all the places or people):

- If you successfully turn the chicken guy back into a man.

- When you first talk to the guy in Nashkel you can collect the bounties from he mistakes you for Greywolf and gives you his money. If you correct him and give the money back you get a +1 reputation.

- Clearing the Nashkel mines.

- Letting Prism complete his masterpiece.

- In the area with the Ankhegs there's a farmer who wants you to find his son. After doing that I found that you could talk to him again and give him some money and that increases your reputation.

- Saving the dyrad's tree.

- Flooding the Cloakwood mines and rescuing the miners.

I'm sure there's heaps of places inside Baldur's Gate City that you can increase your reputation, I just can't remember which quests they are.

4. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Freeing the slaves in the Cloakwood mines, if you don't you lose them instead.

Saving the womans child trapped in the lighthouse is the other two i can think of just now.

5. davycop Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Here's the list I can come up with:

1. Friendly Arm Inn : get flamedance ring for Joia, +1 rep

2. Beregost: Get The Fateful Coin book for the Elvenhair chap, +1 rep

3. Beregost: do the Silke quest, +1 rep (not sure about this one)

4. Beregost: get Marienne letter, +1 rep

5. NW of Naskell: save the farmers cow, +1 rep

6. E of Naskell: Get te cat from the watefall for the dirl, +1 rep

7. NE of Naskell: Save the trees for the wood nymph, +1 rep

8. Naskell: Talk to Ublek and tell the truth, +1 rep

9. Nakell Mines: Defend Prism, +1 rep

10. Cloakwood mine: save the people, +2 rep

6. the_eleven Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

just a few i can recall:

taking out a group of half-ogres for an adventurer in the Jovial Juggler will earn a reputation point.
    reporting back to Officer Vai(sp) after you clear the Bandit Camp will increase your rep. by 1 as well.
    there is a girl on one of the maps near the Gnoll Stronghold that is looking for her cat. the dead cat is in a waterfall. if you return the cat your rep. will increase by one piont.
    a mage in a house just south of the Sorcerous Sundries in Baldurs Gate is looking for a body you can retieve from the sewers. this will earn a rep. point too.

7. sorvo Guest

WOW there are a lot! You could probably start out chaotic evil and work your way up to 20 without giving to the church. Here's another, the lady in Naskel that missing her husband in the mines. Bring his ring back to her for a rep!

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

No one mentioned the Brage quest yet, this one also increases your reputation. Bring Sam to the Temple in Friendly Arm Inn... What about the quest you get in FAM, helping the Gnome wis his house that was flooded with spiders?

Note: The quest wqith the farmers son only gives a Rep. increase when you offer him 100 goldpieces afterwards.

9. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Tsk Tsk Headbanger I mentioned Brage, just not in name. :p Also, the gnome is Landrin IIRC and she does not give you rep points, it's experience and money I think.

10. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

Also, doesn't the lady in a house by the Friendly Arm Inn give one for bringing back her ring from the hobgoblins?

11. sorvo Guest

I started with that one War Nerve! Read before you post!;)

12. garathorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

i always wonderd where that ring went

yogos book of curses baulders gate look for the female wizard in the blushing mermade district +1

clear out the worgs at the old light house +1

take roe the note from he husband (i cant remember if that gives you rep)

baulders gate receav the dead boys body sart job in the map where the hall of wonders is look for a boy in red

let me think

take samules body back to the friendly arm east of the mines

i think thats all for now

13. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

I saw that I missed it after I posted, and I couldn't correct it. And btw, don't tell me what to do. :)

[You have the ability to edit your posts. Click on the pen&paper icon in your posts. Go read the Forum Rules/FAQ as well, since you seem to have skipped that part of registeration process.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited October 19, 2001).]

14. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I don't know if this has been mentioned but howabout this?

Killing the zombies on the zombie farm

Saving the dryad against Ragfast or s'thing ...

15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Well, it is enough to get your rep back to 20 so I suppose you don't need no more. Another one is helping the woman in the Lighthouse Destrict. The fishers in the map north of peldvale too? Killing the band of Half-Ogres southeast of Beregost (Drizzt Level), Return the cursed dagger and the returning the Ancient Armor to the Undead knights, clearing firewine ruins perhaps... and flooding the Cloakwood mines until you reach BG. I suppose that's it until you are in BG.

16. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] I don't think you get a reputation bonus with those fisherman. They are aligned with Talos and want you to kill a 12 year priestess of Umberlee :o IIRC.

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

But isn't she an evil character also? who has been giving them bad luck with fishing though?

18. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Exactly, they are all bad. So why would helping any of them give you reputation :p?

19. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

You are right.. This quest gives no reputation increase or decrease, no matter what way you choose. Helping the Fisherman gives you a Flail +1, Bracers of Defense AC7, 1000 XP and the rest of the Loot and 1650XP. Helping Tenya gives you 2500 XP and The Flail +1.

20. Me! Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Besides mentioned (very) briefly, no one has said giving money to the church. although thats much more expensive then the stuff already up

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.