1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Collectable Card Games

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Carcaroth, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Not sure if it belongs here exactly, but it seems the best fit.

Anyone played/collected any of the CCG's?

I've got a reasonable amount of the Lord of the Rings CCG.

2. toughluck Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

MtG for a while. Then, after some success (online shroom and local small-scale tourneys) I said meh, and moved on, selling all my cards, including the rare ones. No fun, and it's expensive. Besides, winning tournaments is as much of gambling as playing the lottery, but worse -- you spend more and you get less.

3. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I played a lot of M:TG back in the day, and was quite decent, but the 3-4 releases a year is way too expensive for me to ever play competitively.

4. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I mostly play Yu-Gi-Oh, but I do have a passing knowledge of M:TG.

Nerdiness, thy name is Jaguar. :D

5. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I got in on the original CCD fairly early on (pre-Legends) and played for a couple of years, then got out. I got back in when WotC opened up a store in my local mall, but that didn't last very long either. If I'd been able to find other players in my area (ones I liked!) a little more easily it might have lasted longer, but not much since having kids and playing MTG doesn't mix well.

I still have all my cards, mostly because I'm too lazy to sort and sell them, and too cheap to give them away. ;)

6. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'm a recovering ex-Magic player. It's been about nine years since I played that game... but sometimes, sometimes the dreams come back, my friends!

I now only play one CCG, which is Raw Deal... but that's because I'm a wrestling fan whose nerdishness knows few bounds.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I collected Benson and Hedges World Series Cricket cards. They rocked. That John Dyson card was so rare!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.