1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

clerks

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Fat Egg, Jun 18, 2001.

1. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] i'm just wondering how many of u have seen this little underground, un-popular gem and the other kevin smith movies? ive seen and own them all and i think in all seriousness they are the funniest of all the comedies ive ever seen.

2. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I've seen the "Clerks: Uncensored" Animated series DVD. I can't believe someone would shut down a series like that.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I have 'em all on DVD - Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy & Dogma!!! Kevin Smith Rocks! He has a comic book shop (so I'm told) in Red Bank, New Jersey. Which is about 2 hours from my house.

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited July 07, 2001).]

4. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I love clerks, and I liked Mallrats better than Chasing Amy (I know- most Kevin Smith fans will want to smack me for saying that). I had mixed fellings about Dogma, and only saw part of the animated series on ABC and didn't care for what I saw. Maybe I'd like the un-watered down, "uncensored" eps. but I don't know. I've also got a number of Kevin Smith comics including "Clerks The Lost Scene" where they explain exactly what happened at the funeral parlor they were seen running out of in the movie.

5. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Bowie enlighten me please. What did happen at the funeral parlour??

6. Seen them all and loved them, but there is something special about clerks. Maybe that rugged unfinnished look that makes it my favourite.

7. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I seen the clerks DVD and it's a good movie. I'm glad you took out the original ending with the shooting at the end.

And in reference to the funeral parlour are you talking about 'in' the movie or in real life while filming? I know in the movie they knocked the body onto the floor, but what happened in real life?

8. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

It's basicaly a scene they wanted to include in the movie, but because of time and/or money they didn't film it. The outcomes the same- they tip the coffin and run- but you get to see the chain of events that lead up to it. Here's a little more info on it that I found: http://newsaskew.com/comics/clerks/3.shtml

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.