1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Claw of Kazgaroth + Drizzt Questions.

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Jester, Feb 2, 2004.

1. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I don't think you can pickpocket his items off him in the patched version of the game, only the unpatched one. Every time I tried he turned hostile and chunked my PC in a couple of hits.

2. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Rav'n. I know what you mean, but I don't hate Drizzt as a character from Salvatore's novels, he's not bad at all. I hate the Bioware "implementation" of him in the BG1 and BG2 games. It was too sloppy.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Now you go back and read my post. I said Drizzt wasn't based on a D&D [character] template, not that he wasn't based on D&D at all. Salvatore made Drizzt a dark elf on the spur of the moment, because he had to come up with the main character right before a meeting of the book editors. There was no planning involved. And Salvatore never had anything to do with how first TSR and then WoTC tried to fit Drizzt into some sort of character mould, assign him levels, spells, skills, feats, etc. He only came up with the basics for the character as he is presented in the novels. Drizzt as a character follows the rules to an extent, but Salvatore bent the rules with him in a number of places, or broke them outright.

Trust me on this, I've probably read & listened to way more actual interviews with Salvatore than you have. One thing that Salvatore always emphasized is that assigning stats and all that to Drizzt never had anything to do with him. He just writes novels.

4. Rav'n Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Missed the "template" word... sorry..

5. JulianMt Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I can't remember the books name. It was a D&D book from WoC with the stats of great heroes.
    Drizzt was in it and his classes were:

Fighter 10--growing up in Menzoberranzan

Ranger 5 or 6---his years with montolio i guess and following years with Bruenor & co.

Barbarian 1-- I think it has to do with his little battle rage. If you have read the books you will know what i mean.

The only abilities drow lose will on the surface is levetation and the equiptment is useless.

Regarding the spellresistance i wouldn't be fun to kill him with cloudkill(Firkraag is okay).

In IWD2 drow had spellresistance 15 + level.

And please nobody hate me for typing al this

6. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, the problem with that is, those are definitely based off 3rd edition. In 2nd ed., it's certainlt not possible to have a fighter/ranger/barbarian. Ditto with the SR. That spell resistance is based off of 3rd edition. I don't even think there was spell resistance in 2nd. Do Drow get levitation? I didn't know that one, and I'm pretty sure Drow equipment disintegrating from sunlight was a BG2 "innovation".

7. JulianMt Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well in bg he is running around with surface weapons and armor. Twinkle aka +5 defender he got from a Harkell wizard. Iceingdeath from a dragon and his armour from Bruenor. So we don't really hvae to care about drow stuff anyway.

I don't really care about what ed. it was just that someone asked and i answered.

8. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Drizzt's drow equipment didn't disolve like BG2 makes it seem, but it was weakend over a few weeks. His cloak became a realy fancy rag and his scimitars broke while fighting the orcs ust before he meets Montolio.

9. Edwin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have never tried killing Drizzt but I really want that Scimitar +3 Frostband and the Mithril Chain Mail +4. The reputation loss sucks. As for the Horn, i think the blurring effect is cool and I wouldn't change it for anything.

10. Alak Xarann Gems: 2/31

No. In Candlekeep, during the proluge(sp?), if you talk to the Watchers, they sometimes mentioned Drizzt.

"Don't see whats so great about drizzt, I could take him on!" or something like that.

11. david w Gems: 19/31

That doesn't necessarily mean you'd recognise Drizzt if you came across him. He's not the only Drow in the world after all.

12. Alak Xarann Gems: 2/31

Well, he does introduce himself as Drizzt, does he not? Also, don't you think the Main PC would of asked the watchers at somepoint who he is? He would of gotten at least a basic idea of what he looks like, right? Because in prolonged exprosure to sunlight, drow skin changes. Can't recall if it was lighter shades, or darker. Think it was lighter, but don't know for sure.

13. david w Gems: 19/31

He could be lying, couldn't he?

14. Alak Xarann Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Well.. erm... He could, but woundn't someone like a Pally tell if he's lying? Im probily wrong, though. Good point.

But, name one other drow that would need help killing gnolls.

15. SpaceKungFuMan Gems: 2/31

Name one that would. Drizzt has no problem chunkifying them all. I was so awestruck by his destructive capabilites, that I just sat back and watched. Then, when he told me I had the unique experience of having an uneventful encounter to Drizzt, I cut him to pieces. :)

16. Edwin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Dude of course the paladin could kill him. I do remember the guards (all save Hull) saying that. I still wonder about meeting Drizzt with Viconia in your party. She's a drow and a loyal one too (i think)! I've left her to the Flaming Fist guard every time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.