1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Claw of Kazgaroth + Drizzt Questions.

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Jester, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Jester Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have just purchased the Claw of Kazgaroth and I am wondering if there is a way to eliminate the blurring of the character while maintaining its effects and properties.

I also would like to know peoples view of Drizzt, if they usually kill him, or help him or pickpocket him. I'm soloing a Chaotic Neutral Bard, and his Armour is desirable, but i would feel very cheap murdering a hero just for his armour.

Cheers.

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

About Drizzt, this discussion have been made in hundreds of discussions, but here we go again.

First of, if you powerplay, slay him, and slay him good, the same if you are evil or neutral leaning over to the evil side, and as you said, that you are chaotic neutral, it is up to you to slay him, but if you do, you'll lose 10 points of reputations, and that will make buying items a *****, but that said, with Drizzt's items, you wont need to buy anything.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    There's no way to eliminate the blurring... not short of editing that item's properties, but that's getting into modding...

4. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I have never used to kill Drizzt. I could, but simply I do not like doing such things. It would not be an easy battle, but certainly can be won (without cheats of course). Perhaps with a Chaotic Evil party some day...

5. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I once tried to kill him just to see what stuff he had, but I was low level at that time and did nay stand a chance... :(

But in normal gameplay, I don't kill him... :rolleyes:
    (I mean, he's a good guy, right?, right!?) :D

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    He is a good guy, but that's reason enough to kill him if you're playing an evil party. I would see no problem killing him in you are a Chaotic Neutral character. Of course, one bad point is that his best sword is only useable by good characters, so when I kill him, I can't use the best sword. Still you do get a nice set of armor (equivalent of full plate, even though it's only chain mail) and a nice +3 sword that's useable by anyone (except clerics and mages of course).

7. Baronius

When I play games like Baldur's Gate, I always try to enter into the spirit of it. I know that I am practically alone with this, but I insist on it.
    I won't kill a creature only for its items.
    Once someone told me that he had killed Drizzt in BG despite his protagonist had been a Paladin, laughed at it, and said that you can regain your Reputation in many ways. Yes, you can regain it, but the spirit of the game... I don't want it to become so automatic, plain...

8. Jester Gems: 1/31

Thanks for your replies. I think I will kill him (or at least try to) and take use his armour - It will make a great fireside tale for my Bard about how I defeated Drizzt.

Sucks about the claw though as I have no idea about anything to do with modding.

9. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Maybe I can fix that claw-thingy...
    I'll see what I can do with it...

10. Baronius

When I first checked your post, despite of your unambigious definition ( Claw of Kazgaroth ) I associated somehow to the horn, which does not cause blur. :lol:

I have just realised the truth, so I removed the blur effect from the item. You can get it here: http://www.baronius.szm.com/misc72.itm
    Just copy it to your Override folder.

I did not create an installer for it which keeps String References, because I suppose that our versions doesn't differ so much. However, if you see stupid, irrelevant text when checking the description of the Claw, just tell it and I will fix the problem.

[ February 03, 2004, 15:52: Message edited by: Baronius ]

11. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Damn you Baronius! Now, that I've worked so hard and all :D

12. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @ Baronius

I never kill him when I'm playing a good party. The last time I went through I had a neutral evil dwarven fighter, so I killed him. I would never kill him with any good character, and certainly not a paladin.

13. Baronius

I thought so, Aldeth ;)

@Daephon:
    Sorry...
    Anyway, he can at least choose ;)
    If you wish, I can host your item too.

14. keldor Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Just for the record, I made a 'fight Drizzt' save game (just before you meet him) so that I could take him on later, when I'd improved. I built myself up a 'super character' (duel-classed fighter/mage (7th/8th I think)) exported him, then imported him into the 'fight Drizzt' game for a rumble. I had like -10 AC, 70 or so hit points, etc. - he absolutely annihilated me! Chunkified me, he did! The strange thing though, was that he appeared tougher than he was earlier, as if the game is set for him to be invincible in melee.

15. Baronius

No wonder that he eliminates your precious characters :p
    I don't think he becomes tougher depending on the levels of your characters. He is already very powerful. Let me give you a foretaste of his abilities in BG1:
    Level: 16
    HP: 92
    Base THAC0: 0
    Base and Effective Armour Class: -10
    Number of Attacks per round: 4 1/2 (4.5)

His attack is certainly +5, base damage 1D8+5. I am sure you also had the chance to enjoy the +30 damage :D sometimes (Saving Throw vs. Death at +4 to avoid this damage - at level 7-8, warriors usually roll this value)

16. Telcontar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Do you know his stats in BG I and BG II ( I would like to create a character and play as a Drizzt :D :) )

17. Jester Gems: 1/31

Thankyou all for your help!, especially Baronius and Daephon, your help was much appreciated. That file worked a treat Baronius - no more blurry Bards.

18. Baronius

@Telcontar:

His stats are the same in BG1 and BG2.
    Strength: 13
    Dexterity: 20
    Constitution: 15
    Intelligence: 17
    Wisdom: 17
    Charisma: 14

19. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

He has higher stat totals than Sarevok?!? Well, at least Drizzt's 98% magic resistance, 30% physical damage resistance, and 100% fire resistance balance it out and make it fair. :rolleyes:

20. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Of course Drizzt has higher stats than Sarevok, Drizzt would destroy Sarevok.

I tried to fight him once in both games and in both games he destroyed me. And by the time I fought him in BG2 I was really freaking strong.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.