1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Classic gaming buys a COLECOVISION!

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by Disciple of The Watch, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yes, the day is FINALLY here! It is my pleasure to FINALLY add the Colecovision to my collection of classic consoles.

The console does show it's age... but that doesn't matter. The mere fact that I was able to find one without having to order it from the Sandwich Islands or something. Anyways, you get my point. Colecovisions are becoming rarer by the day (though maybe not as rare as the Atari 5200, even though the console was an abysmal failure, there were some good exclusives, and some games were ported to the 5200 and looked MUCH better than their 2600 counterparts. Pac-Man is a good example... the Atari 2600 version is HORRIBLE, and I do mean HORRIBLE, yet the 5200 version (although it's Ms. Pac-Man) is surprisingly good. Not making the console backwards-compatible with 2600 games also hurt Atari, and I couldn't go on without mentioning the most HORRIBLE controllers I have ever seen in my entire existence. The 5200 is a good console, just be prepared to pony up the extra cash for an aftermarket controller or a refurbished 5200 one (same controller, except that a refurb WORKS), oh, and forget about using 2600/7800/Master System/Genesis controllers... the 5200 has a proprietary port. What were you THINKING, Atari! WTF!

...OK, that got totally out of hand. At any rate, Colecovision reviews are on the way, as soon as I get to spend a few hours playing. As I write this, it's still in the box besides me. I've got 10 games, but I am lacking Q-BERT, which is THE best port of Q-Bert, or so I hear. I also want Montezuma's Revenge -- I played that game on PC when I was a kid and I LOVED it.

Stay tuned, classic gaming enthusiasts, as the checklist of consoles I am looking forward is being slowly but surely cleaned out. I possibly have found someone owning a Dreamcast, and who could be convinced to part with it. Now, to find a Saturn, SegaCD and a 32X... and then my collection of Sega home consoles would be complete.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.