1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Class Specific Mods

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by diagnull, Jul 12, 2007.

1. diagnull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I almost never play Sorcerer\Wizard PC's, or Thief PC's...I tend to mostly play Rangers, Druids, and the occasional Paladin.

But, before I give up on NWN, I want to give these classes a try, so here's my queestion...

What one single mod would you recommend for a Wizard\Sorceror?
    What one would you recommend for a Thief?

I'm looking for ones that are more RP, less combat, but mainly I want mods that really play to the strengths of these classes.

Thanks!

-D

2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I haven't played any of the following mods, though I intend to, once I get around to starting the sorcerer and pally builds I've got planned out.

I understand that Tales of a Mage focuses solely on wizards and sorcerers (as the name does seem to imply). It consists of two chapters (modules), going roughly from lvl 6-20.

For paladins, there's the modules Twilight and Midnight. They're part of a trilogy, that will, in all probableness, remain a duology (if that's a word).

These can be found at the NWNVault, of course, and are presumably very good.

/edit
    Right, thieves, not pallies. In that case, I can recommend A Dance with Rogues (part 1 & 2). If you can look past all the sexual content (or don't mind it), then it's a wonderful thieving experience. Not much combat and little experience for kills, make it far less tempting to kill everything in sight, and invite to playing a sneaky bastard. You get xp for opening locks and disabling traps, similar to BG.

Another good mod for rogues is Honor Among Thieves. Haven't played it, but others here have, so they're better suited to comment on it.

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Tales of a Mage, from what I remember of it is very combat orientated, although fun if you enjoy throwing spells left right and centre - but then saying that I could be thinkign of another mod.

HeX Coda 01 works very well with the magic type and is a fun mod, with quite a dialogue driven story.

For modules with theives, you really can't go past A Dance with Rogues - it's the best out there by sucha long strech, but as henkie mentioned, it's got quite a sexual theme in many places.

Art of Death - Back in Black is also a fairly good one. How ever it focuses more on the assassin side of the class instead of the theiving side. By memory (and it has been a long time) it has a fun little subsystem for dealing with assassinations, allowing you to kill people in one hit if you manage to sneak up unaware behind them.

4. diagnull Gems: 5/31

Thanks Henkie and Rotku!

I've started characters in both Tales of a Mage and A Dance with Rogues.

ToaM could very well change my mind about playing mages. When I've tried in the past (in other games and such) I felt to weak, but here in NWN I feel like I'm acle to keep up with other classes.

ADwR so far seems like such a terrific mod, but I wish the sex was downplayed a LITTLE. Sheesh. I'm not a prude but the "jiggly breasts" thing is a little unnecessary.

Thanks for pointing these out for me!

-D

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Just wait till you put on some heavy armor. To see the armor actually jiggle with the wind is quite a surreal experience :rolling:

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Did someone say "jiggly breasts"?

This might be enough to lure me away from Civilisation IV and back to Neverwinter Nights!

7. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Are there any Monk specific mods, or mods with Monk-specific components?

8. diagnull Gems: 5/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.