1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Circle Tower surprise encounter

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Maurolava, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

[​IMG] Hello everyone, is being a while since I visit you'all. I have a new excuse to be here, Dragon Age. I'm really enjoying this game, but it seems I found a bit of a mystery.

I'm in the Circle Tower, and in one of the side rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floors (don't remember which right now) the is a big statue laying in the floor, if you inspect it, it will say something about a glass flask or something along those lines. Anyway, if you remove it/take it, it says that you brake it as you hold it and a big Templar looking demon, just comes out of nowhere and bits the crap out of my party :bang: not matter what I do.

My party:

• PC - Elf (Dalish Origin)/ Warrior / Lv. 8
    • Alistar / Lv. 7
    • Leliana / Lv. 8
    • Wynne / Lv. 8

This is the only encounter I have issues with in the tower; however, something that I found peculiar is the fact that unlike in other important object in the game, the statue in question is not "highlighted".

I don't know if this of any importance but I am playing on Xbox 360.

Does anyone else seen this and have an idea as to how to bit it?

Thank you in advance!

2. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I just kept spamming heals while Alistair beat it up. About the same level. Take manual control of your healer, set tactics for 50% health to use a health poultice. Though, I was a herbalist and thus had dozens of lesser poultices.

There's PLENTIFUL stuff that hasn't been highlighted - if the Revenant is the only thing you have problems with, you haven't found half even the tower. Try TAB around, you'll find a lot of things.

3. Maurolava

I will try that, although is is probably to late for my current play, I am now in the fade, so I don't think I can go back. :o

That's the thing, in Xbox 360 there is not a TAB function that I know of, I am very meticulous searching every nuck and cranny. Hopefully I did not miss anything mayor. :(

4. Taza

If you head back right after the Fade trip you can go back to get that, the five books, the main hall statues (and after that head for the basement), the summoning library, the two secret stashes and the site of power. Those are the major ones, IIRC. I'm probably missing a secret or two.

Also, remember to search every nook and cranny with the forms in the Fade - you can get a bunch of stat boosts there.

5. Maurolava

I did get the five books, as well as the "thing" in the basement. I even got the summoning library...

I don't know about the site of power ( :confused: how do I get it?) or the stashes that I am aware of.

I have found a few cunning and also the willpower ones, but I still have some exploring to do on it... I will be in the look out!

6. Taza

Site of Power is a part of a quest you get on the docks before entering the tower. The stashes are ones that you can collect without knowing what they are, and therefore impossible to know if you've missed.

7. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Fourth Summoning Circle - Cellar

First off, how do you complete the forth summoning circle. I completed the first three but there is a forth and I figured out the first three things to do but uncertain about the rest.

As for access to the cellar; how did you get access. The door is locked in my game and accessed only by a key. Did you steal the key off someone and if so, who....

As for the books of banter, I went through all nook and crannies after I took out the boss and I could not get the books. I did a quick test of the game initially which took 16+ hours and I found all 5 books prior to the boss.

I have a feeling that those of us who play the game on consoles may not be able to do specific quest if we complete other quest before we gather all material/items.

8. Maurolava

If I remember correctly, you have to do all the steps of the first 3 summonings and then find the four "red" circle in the ground, which it is on the large room where some bookcases have fallen into the floor.

It is kind like the summoning quest, you need to touch some statues in an specific order, the details are in one of the codex's that you pick up in the tower.

:o I don't know about this "Banter" books, maybe Taza knows.

I'm in the same boat, I play on 360; however, I think that besides the looks (:(), it is all the same!

9. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I figured out the statue and cellar issue after I reviewed all of the codexs; I forgot to check the codex as I was sick of all the reading. I need a bigger HD TV, maybe a 50" or something will help my old 32 year old eyes.

As for the 4th summoning circle, does anyone know the order of things to do? The codex I have only explained the first three summoning circles, not the fourth.

10. Rahkir

Rahkir Cogito, ergo doleo

You have to do everything all in a row; so do the stuff for the first summoning circle, then the stuff for the second, then the third, then go touch the fourth thingy. It's a really strange encounter.. I actually never figured out what it did.

11. Maurolava

Now, this I know... I happen to be a canaiving (sp?) warrior (My PC :D ), anyway if you steal on the fourth summoning encounter,
    you receive a codex, IIRC

12. Rahkir

Rahkir Cogito, ergo doleo

Aha, I see! I played through as a Mage, without a rogue companion or anyone who took pick pocketing; on my next playthrough I'll have to make sure I bring someone along who can do that. ^_^ Thanks!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.