1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Christmas Presents and Resolutions

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Deathmage, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    So I had two thread ideas, and WHAM I decided to merge them into one. Did you see what I did there?

For me: I got a keyboard/mouse set, pyjamas, a cookbook, Ratchet and Clank 2 (it's a nice game...), lots of chocolate, a funky pen, and a penholder. My resolution - one of them, at least - is to read at least one new book every week. There's a bunch of lovely books on my shelf that I haven't read yet, and I really don't have an excuse for those.

So for the rest of you: what sweet loot did you acquire, and what are you planning to forget by February?

2. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Heroes of Might and Magic 5!! I've been playing it ever since!
    Oh, and I got a shirt and some DVDs and stuff.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I got a lot of sugar, if I disappear from the forums for a while it's because of a diabetic coma.

A print of John Colliers' 'Lillith' which is absolurely gorgeous, almost life size and keeps getting compared to me :rolleyes: got a few nice bath things as well, so that will be my excuse for lounging in the bath for hours with chocolates, a cup of tea and ordering Kev around from my watery queendom :D

I made my new years resolution in October, unfortunately it's going pretty much out of the window (Not buying any warhammer models in 2010 - then three of my armies were announced as being rereleased in 2010 *shakes fist*)

4. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Quite uneventful, New Year presents wise - been like that for a few years now. (Christmas still hasn't happened here and no gifts are involved in it)
    Can't say I really wanted anything in particular, so that's fine.
    I do miss the surprise of unwrapping toys, somewhat.

Got a new jacket, (unrelated to the season in question), a feathery decoration and a toy reindeer from some cookies package, to be fair.

As for resolutions... I broke several of my usual life ones ("I'll go to sleep at a normal hour" "I'll get some work done" "I'll keep RP plot ideas secret") in the first hours of new year, so not much point in trying. :p

Can't say I've ever really made any solid, big resolutions for New Year, specifically. These days, I tend to do work whenever there's an open spot of time, given that I fail willpower saves far too often to make any useful long term plans.

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Rob got me the 25th anniversary edition of Terry Pratchetts The Colour of Magic/Light Fantastic....Not only that but it was SIGNED!!!!

6. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    No presents, we, sis and I, got fireworks. She shares my mania.

As for resolutions..... Wel we do not kidd ourselves.

I saw the televised version of colour of magic and the light fantastic. Not bad. Not at at all.

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...I didn't get very many tangible things, but I did get:
    • 2 worthless Mormon books... :nono:
    • A scarf I'll never wear
    • Gloves that don't fit
    • UP on Blu-Ray :thumb:
    • An emergency jump-starter/air pump/light/12V power source (which I've wanted for 3+ years now)
    • Loads and loads of candy....

That's about it......

As for resolutions, I uhhhhhh.....ummmmm....let's see here....errrrrrr.....Oh! How about this?
    I resolve to NOT make any resolutions that I won't keep...therefore, I'm not making any this year! :shake:

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

• Elfen Lied
    • Loved by Cranes
    • Three books (The Princess Bride, Time at the Top, and I, Coriander)
    • Okami
    • 500gb portable hard drive
    • A hammock (wtf why?)
    • A strong hint that I should learn my sister's piano in the form of a music book (:rolleyes:)
    • Some chocolate

I don't make resolutions. If I have the burning urge to change something about myself I'll just ... do it.

9. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Christmas? It's only January, it's still about 12 months to go before Christmas. Oh, you mean Christmas 2009. I got...

• red blinker (for my mt. bike)
    • Velo saddle (again for the bike)
    • reflector strips (still for the bike)
    • SPD pedals (still for the bike)
    • a pair of gloves (you got that right... for biking)
    • chocolates
    • cash
    • gift checks
    • cakes, fruits and 3 liters of red wine
    • a bath towel

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The wife gave me a little ... extra attention for Christmas ... don't remember what else I got....

11. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Is the bath towel for use with the bike?

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I got Furtwänglers interpretation of Beethoven's nine symphonies, Stings "I'm on a winter's night", a new electric mixer and "Them Crooked Vultures".

13. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I got a truck load of TV series on DVDs! :banana: I just have to find the time to watch it and everything's cool! :D

I don't make resolutions. I don't see the point. If I want to stop doing something, I'll stop doing it period... Perhaps I can try to find one... okay... My resolution is to try to remember to floss... :lol:

14. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

X-mas presents:

- Sony HandCam, nice!:)
    - A throw-back Phillies jersey of Pete Rose.:)
    - A Nike Hoodie, like I don't own 4 of them already...:confused:
    - A 5 dollar lottery ticket that hit for 40 bucks, wahoo!:)
    - Beef Jerky. For some reason my mother-li-law always puts Beef Jerky in my stocking. I hate Beef Jerky!:(
    - Gift certs to both Barns & Noble and Games Workshop. :)
    - And the best present of all, I got a "World's Best Daddy" T-shirt with a good shot of both of my girls on it. :)

Resolutions

- Lose weight. I am currently at 192 and gaining. Looking to drop about 30 lbs. :o

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    You think she might be trying to tell you something? :p

16. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Record Player (that can convert Vinyl to mp3)
    Blackberry Storm2
    CDs/Vinyls
    Candy :bigeyes:
    Assassin's Creed 2

My mom doesn't know the meaning of the word recession -.-

17. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Slippers, sweats, a coat, and socks... so everything I asked for. Except a robe :(

18. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Nope but the red wine was good degreaser for the bike. :grin:

19. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    My favorite present was my iPhone 3GS. My wife wrapped it and gave it to me on Christmas... but I actually bought it myself, to make sure I got all the right accessories. :p

I didn't get a new coffee mug though. :( My wife always breaks my favorite coffee mugs when she's doing the dishes. But she usually gets me a new one shortly after. This time I guess I'll have to wait. Oh well, boring coffee mugs until then I guess.

20. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ewww, that's scary. She's old! The in-laws once visited the wife an I when I lived in Philly, we walked in on them in our guest room. Not a pretty site. Almost had a "crying game" moment of puking. Ewww......:o

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.