1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Christmas is coming!!!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Kilted Crusader, Nov 17, 2002.

1. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Christmas is soon, and I was wondering what you folks think about it, whats the best bits? the worst bits? and what you hope the jolly old fat man is bringing you ;) ?

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] *Hears word 'Christmas' and runs off screaming*

On boxing day is when the fun is - it's the King Family annual gathering ^_^

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I know X-mas is supposed to be a time of joy, but i think of it as the most boring two days in the year. The streets are completely empty, all shops are closed, everything is just so...quiet. I'm always glad when it's over.

4. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm going away for Christmas this year... Maybe get some of my SP friends' phone numbers before I leave so I can talk to them because I can't chat with them. ;)

5. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

pac man, it seems a bit weird (at least to me), that some one cannot like christmas (excluding scrooge). I love the thing!!! lots of food, family coming over (not good for all, but my cousin is brilliant fun, so s my wee nephew), not to mention present giving. Even though it emptys my pocket, its good to see the family happy

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

i hate christmas... its a twistedstory that came from the christian and moved directly the the commercial christmas... buying presents and christmas tree... geees... i hate it...

See Ya

7. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

bah, humbug!

8. William Smit IV Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] How...hate X-mas?! You Spartan or something?! Come on, FREE STUFF!! Well, I myself want nothing more for Christmas than an advanced screening of The Two Towers, *cough*

Plus, don't make the mistake of classifying Christmas under Christianity. It has a long lineage, starting from--correct me if I am wrong--Pagan roots, long pre-dating Christianity. Yes, of course, the holiday is mostly predominated by Christianity and adopted by it (and most of its current mythos is Christian-related)...as of the moment. But, anyway, the holiday is for everybody! And there's no shame in how one celebrates it. I mean, come on...I'm very sure X-mas will end up becoming dominated by something else that's not Christianity sometime in the distant future of history (I at least hope Mr. Santa will still be part of it).

[ November 17, 2002, 23:28: Message edited by: William Smit IV ]

9. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Midnight Falcon, i suppose if you are really close with your family, it can be nice. But my family is another story, always arguing, fussing, i don't wanna spent my time among partypoopers like that. :D I do have a few really good friends, but they DO have nice families, so i don't see them around X-mastime. We get together at new years eve though, and make up for those boring days. :D

10. Dudette_ Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Presents, presents and more presents... That's what Christmas is about...

11. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I wish I had a gun every time I see Christmas Carrolers!

12. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The best things are all the decorations in our house, the food and free from school. Christmas could have been without the gifts.

13. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Ok, xmas is nice. But i find now that, being a poor student on placement, yeah, i have some money to buy presents, but to be fair, there isn't really anything that i want. In which case, if people keep their money, i can keep mine.

There are literally 2 materialistic things i want - a weight lifting bench and collectors edition of Pulp Fiction on DVD.

There's the obvious ones that are never gonna happen, like a drop dead gorgeous chick.

Oh well.

14. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] I am not sure I like X-mas.
    We are always at my fathers moms place, but this year we are going to my mothers moms place I think
    ugh.
    The presents are fun, the "everybody is so happy" face that everyone is wearing aint that wonderful, the food is great and Kalle Ankas julteve is LOVELY!
    Donald Ducks X-mas tv translated..
    Though I have heard that they are going to remove it!
    Then my X-mas only has the food and presents left.
    In a couple o years my grandma will be dead, there goes the food.
    And when I think about it, the presents aren't really that great..poof.
    X-mas isn't that fun. Too damn cold too, all the friggin snow- it is everywhere.
    *sigh*

15. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Christmas has one huge downside. The expense.

Sure, very nice to have some time off work, see the family and eat some of my aunt's wonderful cooking. She's fantastic in the kitchen.

Presents? Well, cool, but I really can't get too excited about receiving them, and when you spend more on your parents than they spend on you, you know life has taken a wicked twist!

I haven't got any children, so I haven't got that sort of excitement either. Talk about expense mind, children at Christmas.

Dunno, the time off is the best part for me. Seing family I haven't seen since Christmas last year perhaps. Could do without the stress of Christmas shopping though!

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    @Midnight

Pacman is Dutch, being Dutch = being greedy.
    The rest here who hates christmas has prob Dutch roots.

I think I´m adopted......I LOVE CHRISTMAS :roll:

You know, with all those frozen sidewalks its fun to see Santa or Sinterklaas (Catholic and older version of Santa Claus) fall on his arse :evil: . And of course PRESENTS!!!!

[ November 18, 2002, 17:09: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

17. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

"...the geese are getting fat..."

18. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Morgoth, that's a lie, made up by jealous Belgians. And looking at where you hail from, you're Dutch yourself. :D

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I like the fact that its a good holiday and we get to lay in till 2pm and have a good excuse.

Second, I like the idea of gettig the unexpected.

Problem,
    It seriously burns a hole in my wallet and beyond

Second, If what i get i've already got its ... well ... alittle annoying :) Just to act like some spoilt brat :D

[ November 18, 2002, 19:10: Message edited by: Sniper ]

20. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

The build up to Chritstmas is fun fun fun, but I don't like it to start too early. 1st December is fine for me. Then, after it's all done, it kinda deflates a bit...

:(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.