1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Choose your own Adventure!

Discussion in 'Playground' started by ejsmith, Oct 7, 2003.

1. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Tales of Grey Star

Greystar the Wizard-Shasarak the Wizard King is poised to conquer Southern Magnamund. Sent by the Shianti, Grey Star is to retrieve the Moonstone, ancient stone of Power created by the Shianti, and sum of all their knowledge, and defeat the tyrant. Greystar first voyages to Suhn where he meets Tanith and Shan. They seek to find the Kundi, creatures that can tell Greystar where to find a shadow gate, where the wizard can then seek out the Moonstone. Facing the villains of the Shadaki, Tanith is captured by a demonlike creature called a Kleasa, and Shan is killed. Fighting the natural horrors of the Giant Mantiz Grey Star Locates the Kundi.

The Forbidden City-Grey Star finds a way to the Daziarn Plane. To get there he passes through the City of Karnali aiding Sado of the Long Knife in a rebellion. During this period Grey Star meets Samu, the king of the Masbate people. They, along with several companions arrive at the Shadow gate where they encounter the Kleasu again and make a deal with it, freeing it from the power of Shasarak. With it gone they find Tanith. Grey Star steps through the Shadow gate to her and continues his quest.

Beyond the Shadow Gate-Shasarak has sent an evil clone of Grey Star in an attempt to thwart the young wizard. Greystar faces challenge after challenge set forth by this jaksa, until finally defeating it before the Moonstone. Finding the Moonstone, Greystar returns to Magnamund to face Shasarak.

The War of the Wizards-Grey Star faces the Demon Plain with Tanith. There they find the remnants of the Masbate nation and Samu. With their aid, they go to the Freedom Guild and wage a war against Shasarak. Greystar also finds the Kazim, who enlist their aid to him as the war continues. Grey Star then teleports to Shasarak and finds the Necromancer has made a deal with Agarash himself. Throwing all his power at the creature, Greystar defeats both Shasarak and Agarash and frees the peoples of the Shadakine empire.

I only read/played through Forbidden City and War of the Wizards. But seeing how ToEE is based on a module, I'd really like to see some of the Greystar books converted over to games. I mean, they could be a module off the game engine; but I really like it when there are excellent voice actors chosen to read the script.

Anyone else have some favorite books (or more preferable, Choose your Own Adventure) that might make involving games?

2. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I remember reading Greystar years ago and felt it was quite good, but not a patch on Lone Wolf. The Greystar character just seemed to gain powers too quickly for my liking - novice in book 1 and uber-mage in book 4 - and the style of writing seemed a little uneven in places: huge sections with lots of detail followed by two line sections with no detail at all.

One series I'd love to see converted to a roleplaying game would be Blood Sword. I'd quite like to take a party of low level adventurers and see how they fared against Skrymir the Giant.

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] Ah yes, Blood Sword, one of the greatest 'choose your adventure' books ever!

A module based on it for NWN would be awesome!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.