1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Chatroom

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mithrilhammer, Dec 14, 2000.

1. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I've gone into the chatroom a few times now and there's never anybody there... When is the best time to go in? Is anyone else having this problem? Or am I just picking really rotten times to try and join the conversation? :)

Mithrilhammer

2. Wingfoot Guest

same here. i was able to talk to a few people on Monday, but since then i have checked every day at various times and nobody has been out there. i am sure it will pick up soon though.

3. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

When I'm online, I'll use the /float command so the chat room minimizes and I can continue reading the message boards or other places if I know I'll be online for awhile. This way I don't have to sit and watch the channel/screen until something happens. Rather, I can do other things and check in on it once in awhile.

As anything new, it'll take awhile before it gets used, just like how the message boards took awhile to build.

Syl...

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hopefully sometime next week when my workload lessens (and over the holidays) I'll be able to drop by more often too. I've also noticed that the code for it isn't very stable, since I couldn't even get in myself earlier today.
    Ah well, I'll have to check it when I have the time. Soon. In the meanwhile, if you can, do stay in the channel even if it is empty, if you can afford to have another window open. It'll never pick up if everyone leaves as soon as they see that no one else is in there. It always takes some persistent people who hang around the channel more, to encourage others to do likewise. Usually on EFnet it used to be me and the other ops which helped people around the clock, but back then I had much more time to hang around the channels. Not to mention I have barely started Sorcerer's Place then. ;)

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Why won't it accept my password which is correct and than it goes and turn me into guest 91221??

6. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The one person that I found in the chatroom was Wingfoot, and I guess he was going to the bathroom or something 'cause he wasn't chatting.

Oh, well. I had to do some studying for finals anyway.

7. Wingfoot Guest

yeah i had a problem @ work i had to deal with. sorry about that. i'm back.

8. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Actually, I take back my first post as I somehow managed to run into a few people there today (including Taluntain :) ) It was nice. Hope to see more people soon!

Mithrilhammer

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Why don't we all arrange a particular time to meet in the chat room? But make it UK time as i'm hopeless with time changes etc.

10. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

No problem Wingfoot! I really had to study anyway.

About what times does everyone chat?

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I check in at around 1800 - 2200 UK time

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well how about taking my online time as a pointer? If I'm in, we're bound to be able to start a conversation. ;)
    I live in Europe (Slovenia), so my time for you Brits would be GMT+1.
    I'm usually online from somewhere around 9pm-11pm. Cya there.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.