1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Character Images

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by pplr, Jul 8, 2013.

1. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Just started playing the OC after a long time of not.

I have MotB but haven't installed it yet (but plan to).

Since I already have the OC installed I'v been running around with a character.

But I've been annoying myself with the potential images.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the first class you pick defines how your character looks-even if you gain a higher level in a different class.

Except if you gain a prestige class. Then-I'm guessing-the first prestige class you get defines how your character looks until the end of the game.

I was attempting to plan out how my character would gain levels and all that but I've been annoyed because it seems to get the prestige class image I want (blackguard) I have to go to a different prestige class to get the requirements.

I'm starting as a mage and would like to get the blackguard prestige class image before I change alignments via the collection of ingame choices that affect alignment.

It looks like I'll have to get both some Rogue and Eldrich Knight levels before that can happen.

Thus Eldrich Knight will be the character's 1st prestige class.

Suggestions for an alternative?

Am I getting how the game picks a character's image wrong?

For that matter would I loose the blackguard image as soon as this character's alignment was not evil anymore?

So does this not matter?

I'm also guessing I can keep using the same characters after installing MotB so correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Master of Nuhn likes this.
  2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Only thing I noticed is the different styles of armor/clothing your character wears, indeed depending on your first class choice. A rogue wears fancier leather armor than a fighter or paladin. And a paladin wears different scale mail than a fighter. Robes/clothing may differ between spellcasters. Etc.

But after that, it pretty much stays the same. I never noticed a difference in appearance as soon as I picked up a Prestige Class. I believe that the different images (clothing/armor) you see at character creation are special armor items you can buy ingame. So if you want that blackguard look, you could buy the Blackguard Plate at the armor smith in the merchant quarter. This might not be the best armor you can find, though.

Could be my game is a bit messed up, though (I find this game rather buggy), so if you or anyone else experienced a change in their char's image after adding a Prestige Class, please say so. I like my chars to look good.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.