1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Character Class

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Boon, Oct 18, 2000.

1. Boon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

So when Neverwinter nights comes out what will people play. I think I will play an Assasin a class I always had fun with. Does anyone know if whether the prestige class system will be used or if you just start off as an Assasin or whatever.

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Well if NWN follows 3rd Ed. the assasin or shadow Dancer is not an option at the start of the game. I believe that NWN will use prestiege classes but I have not seen that in writing yet. I think I'll play a cleric since there can use better weapons now and gain spells up to 9th level.

3. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Conjurer, human. Man, with that 3D engine the spell effects will be SWEEET. Think of it, a 3D pillar of fire, a giant lightning bolt, magic missiles from a close-up acamera angle.

4. Boon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

what is the differance between an Assasin and a shadowdancer?

5. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I will always be an Elven Ranger!

6. Jehovah Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] The shadowdancer can teleport in shadows and get Shadow creature as pets hehe, The assassin if I remember right, can make poison and stuff, better in a fight also.

As for me, I'm playing a rogue/fighter, alternating the levels, hope they will get a good amount of feats in NWN

7. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Monk/Sorcerer is what I'll most likely build for NWN.

Syl...

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Now who's being the copycat Syl...
    I'm the resident sorcerer here and in NWN as well. ;)

9. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Don't piss me off Sorcerer! :D

First time you step on to my server of Skullport and Undermountain, I'd hate to see your character killed by a little mouse or something. :)

Syl...

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yea, I bet that such a covardly DM as your are would attack mighty sorcerers in a sneaky mouse form which they couldn't see and defend against!
    Probably nibble me to death in my sleep!
    Oh the horrors I am yet to face at the hands of the sinister Sylvus Moonblow, er Moonbow.
    Heh heh.

11. Crazy J Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Fighter to Monk, to get a higher starting Hit
    Die, extra feats, and access to martial weapons!

12. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

You'll have to get to my servers first though Sorcerer ;)

I won't allow anyone to start in Skullport. To get there, they will have to brave the first three levels of Undermountain, which are free for all and will be filled with foul beasts that would make any Sorcerer run back up to Waterdeep in fright! ;)

Syl...

13. Taluntain

Media:
  14. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

No. I'll see to that. If I don't like you on a Monday, you're not getting in :)

Syl...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.