1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Character Build and Slow Dialogue Initiation?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by guguma, Nov 21, 2007.

1. guguma Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hello and good days,

I have the NWN Platinum edition. I am running it on an AMD Turion T-56, 1 Gig Ram with ATI radeon Xpress 1050 integrated Graphics Adapter on a laptop.

I have a performance issue but I do not think it is related with my Graphics Card.
    The game runs very smooth but when I initiate a dialogue, especially with a person who has many dialogue options I experience a disturbing delay?

Does anybody of you know how to fix this issue, or is it just due to dialogue.tlk file being so big that it takes a significant amount of time to find the appropriate strings?

I also have a character build question. I want to build a fighter/mage type character. What kind of build do you suggest for this type of character. I once ran through Baldurs Gate 2 as a kensai/mage solo and it was awesome, but no matter how I try to combine regular/prestige classes I cannot come up with a convenient build in NWN.

I would really appreciate any help on this issue because I am at the brink of madness.

Thanks in advance.

2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm afraid I can't help you with your slowdowns during dialogues, as I know very little about that. Does this happen in all modules you try to play?

As for the build question: You could try the Character Build Search, which can find a ton of different builds for all kinds of classes on the NWN boards. I don't know many builds that involve arcane magic myself, as I always prefer the fighter types, but you should be able to get some ideas from the builds available through that link.

Alternatively, you could install the PrC, which adds a ton of classes, a lot of which are arcane based. Off the top of my head, the Eldritch Knight prestige class should be what you're looking for, as it practically is a fighter/mage. I probably should note that installing the PrC notably degraded the performance of my game, especially in the loading times.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.