1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Change is Good? and A Sewer question.

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by DrowLicious, Aug 31, 2004.

1. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hey..I'm going through BG2 again and i always do a bulk of the quests before going to get Imoen. Should I do that again? I just use Yoshimo as my thief, until i get Immy back. I'm just wondering if i should go get Imoen quicker. Any thoughts?

Now my second question is about the sewers connecting the Slaver Stockade and the Copper Coronet. I can never find the first item (rumor has it it's a ring i think) to go along with the blood vile, shaman staff, and hand. What is it and where can i find it so i can get the sword Quallo says exists? I have NEVER been able to solve this simple puzzle because i can't find any other items in the sewers that Quallo responds to..and i've searched everywhere!!
    Thanks

2. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

There is something like a rock at the end of the corridor where the Hobogoblins are. If you place you cursor there it will change into the two arrows thing and by clicking on the rock the ring will appear in your inventory.

3. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The ring is on the skeleton near the entrance from the copper coronet. South, first intersection.

BOC, faster then the speed of light.

4. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

No kiddin' that was fast!! :) thanks again.

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

And yes, if you plan on using Immy in your party, Spellhold right away. The longer she is in the party, the better she is.

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    If you wait until you do all quests before moving to Spellhold, Imoen will be several levels below everyone else in the party when you do get her back. I usually only do the Slavers quest before moving to Spellhold if Imoen is included in my party build.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The algorithm that calculates Immy's target level is bugged. It takes the party's average level, but it seems it takes Nalia's thief(4) or Anomen's fighter(7) as proper levels, which means your party's average level is bound to be low if you have dual-classed characters in your party.

8. Heerscher Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

For reasons of roleplaying I think it is best to get Imoen back as soon as possible if you plan on including her in your party. It's your sister and she is being held in some terrible prison by Irenicus! Of course you want to rescue her as soon as possible.

I'm not sure, but I think the only problem is that after Spellhold the sub-quests you can pick up in Athkatla are less rewarding item-wise. You can get some powerful items in Spellhold that probably make the items of these quests obsolete.

9. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    @ Heerscher: Not necessarily. Carsomyr, Robe of Vecna, Ring of Gaxx, Staff of Magi, Celestial Fury, Flail of Ages... I'm sure there are many others. And Crom Faeyr can't be built without defeating the Shadow Dragon. On top of that, instead of a few flimsy stone golems in Firkraag's dungeon for example, you'll be fighting Adamantine golems, so the difficulty does scale up too. I think Spellhold is also easier if you're low level (there's at least one lich that doesn't appear when I rush to Spellhold to save Imoen). So, I really don't see any problem :)

10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Yes, there are other things that increase the difficulty as well. For example: There's a beholder in the sewers, there is a lich on the Shadow Dungeon, as well as a Lich in the Unseeing Eye quest. It's harder, but your characters are of so much higher level, that these should pose few problems.

I also recommend going to Spellhold ASAP if you plan on taking Imoen in your group.

11. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

I'd do the bare minimum of quests to get decent weapons and other equipment before heading to Spellhold. Some suggestions:

-Lilarcor for Minsc/Keldorn
    -Tuigan Bow for Nalia/Jan/Yoshimo
    -If using Jaheira, Trademeet quests provide some great clubs for her
    -Raise enough money to buy Sling of the Seeker +2 (great with Strength spell) and a few crucial spells such as Breach.

You get the idea, I suppose..

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.