1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Chamber of Immolation

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Arahar, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Does anybody have a fairly easy way to get through this test. I'm stuck with a
    lvl 14 wizard
    lvl 15 paladin
    lvl 14 rogue
    lvl 14 ranger
    lvl 15 cleric
    lvl 15 fighter

here and just can't beat the little brass monks

[ October 24, 2005, 11:46: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's been a while, but I believe I did it with a Cleric summoning Fire Elementals and getting fire protections on.

3. AzathothXy Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

That's IWD 2. Also a 2 level rogue or a monk can dodge the fire blasts.

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That is IWD2, thus, this thread will be migrating . . .

5. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Just bash em. There is a hole in the west wall with various weapons for you to take. Your pally should be your best bet considering that he can buff (have him sanctury himself when he gets into the chamber so he can get to the weapons in peace) and lay on hands.

The monks aren't that hard to kill, just make sure you keep clear of the flame strike as much as possible. Concentrate your efforts on one guy and take him out first. If at that point you are at greater than 50% HP then stand in one place and beat up on the other guy. You should be able to finish the job before the flame strike kills you.

EDIT: oooh. dmc using his new global mod powers :thumb:

6. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

hmm, I must be going blind. I thought I posted in the IWD2 forum.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

A mage with improved invisibility+mirror images+lots of summons will do nicely too. Also get protection from fire via spells! Do not stay in one place for too long! It shouldn't be too hard.

8. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I never had too much trouble with the chamber, to be honest. I just used my fighter, grabbed a weapon and avoided the fire blasts (which isnt too hard as the runes show where they're going to strike in plenty of time). Takes a while to wear down the monks but as long as you pick someone with decent HP and fighting ability it shouldnt be a problem.

9. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It's all about the summons

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.