1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

CH 3 -- Batha --Lizard Shaman Won't Go Down

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Spellbound, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

What's the deal with this? I'm on about the 15 reload or so -- he keeps changing into that monstrous shape -- and once that happens all the other shaman guards jump into the fray. I'm getting quite sick of this -- Sand and Cas get killed in seconds. What the hell kills this thing?

[ December 25, 2006, 23:34: Message edited by: Spellbound ]

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmmm... I didn't have that much trouble with him. The first time I took him on I got killed since I didn't make any preparations, but after I buffed up he went down without too much trouble. Not that it was easy. The shapechange appears to be a fairly powerful Earth Elemental.

3. Spellbound

I'm on my 25th or so reload and I've quite had it with this game. I've got the setting on EASY -- there is no way in hell this battle should be this difficult. I've buffed up with every conceivable potion and effect I have. Casavir and Sand will not stay alive for more than a minute. I'm completely fed up, spending 2 days trying to get through this battle..... and, at this point, have far exceeded my "fun" quotient.

Unless I can get the god mode to work, I'm going no further.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I'm not sure, but I think Batha is optional. I'd guess you just won't have the lizardmen as allies during the Keep seige.

So, who do you have with you and what are you trying? I had Elanee cast things like Tortoise Shell and Stoneskin on the melee people to keep them alive and then pounded him. You can have Khelgar try to use Knockdown to try to keep the elemental form out of the fight as much as possible. I'd ignore the guards and concentrate on Batha.

5. Spellbound

As a party, I have Sand, Casavir, Jerrod and Khelgar. Khelgar holds his own pretty well -- the problem is with the other three. I even went back to the keep to beef up Casavir with rings of protection, fortification, etc.....spending thousands -- made little difference. Maybe Elanee is the key. Frankly, I expected way more out of Casavir -- as a tank, he's abyssmal.

6. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    And what are you?

Sorry I can't be much help, since I never used Casavir, or Ammon Jerro (I assume that's who you meant by Jerrod) and hardly used Sand. I went more for the defensive and high-level offensive magics of the Druid and Cleric.

7. Spellbound

I am a level 19 or so fighter. I just went and swapped out Sand, Jerro and Cas for Elanee, Quara and the cleric -- makes no difference......dead in seconds.

I'm trying to find out how god mode works -- and if I can't, I'm done with this game. I shouldn't have to be going through this with a game on EASY mode.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

There's got to be something going wrong here. There can't be an impossible monster that only one person has ever had any trouble with. Surely someone other than Blackthorne TA or Spellbound have encountered this beast.

9. Spellbound

Harbourboy -- it's not just me having problems with this. See this post on the bioware forums:

"i feel the exact same and i have a lvl 10 fighter/ 10 divine champion, its imposible! i dont wanna cheat either and thats why i quit playing :/"

There is something very wrong with this battle -- no "easy" mode battle should be this difficult -- none.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sounds like a nightmare. Another black mark in the box for a game that just seems to have a few too many flaws.

If only I hadn't got Civilisation IV for Christmas as well as NWN2, I'd be well into NWN2 to find out all the answers. But Civ IV is too addictive.

11. Spellbound

I got god mode to work and got past the battle. Thanks for trying to help.

12. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    That's really odd. It wasn't an easy fight, but my Ranger just went toe-to-toe with his elemental form (after being buffed to the hilt by Elanee). And if I remember right, I just left the rest to their AI (which for the spell casters is set NOT to protect the master - whenever that's set those idiots rush into melee instead of standing back and casting spells).

IIRC, only the elemental form was difficult at all.

BTW, did you find out if you had to win that fight, or could you just bypass it as optional?

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I didn't have any trouble with Batha either. My party when I faced him was:

Belisarius (Paladin 11/Divine Champion 5/Neverwinter Nine 1)

Khelgar (Monk 16)

Sand (Wizard 16)

Elanee (Druid 16)

Zhjaeve (Cleric 16)

I wish I had clues to give you, I'm playing hardcore DnD rules, and I didn't have any trouble in this fight - I think I lost Zhjaeve and Elanee in the battle, but it wasn't that bad.

Are you using the special abilities from Rituals? They help a lot too...

14. Spellbound

I didn't find out if Batha can be bypassed -- but I did hear about some bug that after you beat him, he still doesn't show up at the keep with his lizards.

Bel -- I had all the special abilities from the Ritual casted, including Jerro's web of purity -- I had every buff spell there was -- even went back to the keep to get cloaks and rings of fortification +3, rings of protection +2 -- switched out party menbers a number of times to try different combinations and even switched it down to "easy" mode. Nothing at all worked. Everyone but me and the dwarf were dead in seconds. I'm not one to ever use god mode unless it becomes impossible -- but there was clearly no way past this -- for whatever reason. I'm just glad it's over and done with.

15. Vesgo Vaan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This fight was the hardest in the game for me. I had the same group as Sir Belisarius, just that I never monkized Khelgar and my PC was a Fighter/Wizard/Eldritch Knight.
    It seems Batha always casts this Elemental Shield ( inflicts dmg to attacker) So I had no one attack him in melee, just lots of summoned creatures and tried to nail him with magic, whilst Khelgar takes care of his entourage. I must admit, that by the time that Batha changes back to his lizard form (Lizard->Earth Elemental->Lizard [near death]) Khelgar was the sole survivor of my team and so low on health, that I couldn’t even see it next to his portrait. Luckily he scored the first hit and I "won" the fight.
    The lizards that showed up at the keep are sadly not that tough. :)

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Weird, my rogue 8/shadowdancer 1/duelist X had no problem with Batha and company. As a matter of fact I am think that my entire party still had their stoneskins up when the fight ended.

I had Khelgar (still a fighter), Casovir, Qara and Zhjaeve with me. We would have been around level 15 or 16 at the time.

I guess Batha was shapechanged and attacking my duelist with physical attacks which is pretty much suicide - unless you want to be parry and riptosed to death you definitely want to use spells against a duelist.

My duelist is using a holy +5 vampiric regeneration 5 rapier with the improved critical rapier and improved parry feats so all those riptoses usually end up healing far more damage than the odd attack that is not parried causes.

[ January 10, 2007, 15:58: Message edited by: JSBB ]

17. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

That's actually where I'm stuck at the moment; I can't beat the lizardmen or the fire giants. My party's me (fighter/rogue/weapon master), Khelgar (as fighter), Casavir, that tiefling rogue whose name I forget, and the gith with the annoyingly spelled name. I'd take Elanee, but she decided she didn't like me in the druid grove, and left. I think I might have to take a mage to win, although I hate the micromanagement.

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Having a mage who casts stoneskins on the entire party makes a huge difference. You should give it a try Alavin.

I had no trouble at all with the fire giants - I guess once again the melee attackers vs duelist factor was in effect. The dragon on the other hand was a real b*tch. In the end I don't know how I killed it - Zhjaeve has the dragonslayer feat so my guess would be that she cast one of her save or die spells and the dragon didn't make its saving throw.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.