1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

CD2 problem

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Gothmog, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I searched throught Bioware self-help forum but i didnt find anything to get it work.
    I had it installed before but i unistalled it becouse of lack of disc space. :( Now i got a new hard drive so i wanted to play it again.

When i want to install it it gets throught cd1 with no problem but then stops with CD2 at file textures2 around 65%. Then it stops and says there has been an error. wiev log for further informations(something like that). Thats all it does. I tried copying the files it already installed onto another directory and it worked(after error report it deletes everything it intalled before). The problem is that SP module is missing :( :( so there is no way i can play the game.

Hovewer i think it has something to do with second install. I lend it to a friend whao has 2 computers and it installed fine first time. Now i tried at their place but it happened the same to them.

Disc 2 is cleaned and not scrached too much(have some others which are realy badly scratched and they work), i've cleaned it but to no effect.

I have an idea to install on computer where it has never been installed before and see if it works. Then i would copy installed game on my hard drive. Registration entries are done at my hard drive already.
    What do you think of that?

Ony other ideas??? :confused:

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Really sounds like a broken CD. Even if you don't have many scratches, they may be deep enough to damage the disc.

[ September 01, 2002, 21:26: Message edited by: Mollusken ]

3. Gothmog

Yeah thats what i though first.
    But after it started to pester me with this problem i lend it to another fried and he installed it normaly. Maybe his CD-drive still works with such cd-rom and mine doesnt.
    Anyway i'll check it again

EDIT No i just checked it and it looks perfectly fine. :( /EDIT

[ September 01, 2002, 22:01: Message edited by: Gothmog4230 ]

4. Lance Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Try to change the type of installation.
    If you have selected one type of installation try another!
    I had the same problems with an other game a few years ago.

5. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Had the same problem with my CD-Rom Drive. Then I manually copied everything on CD2 over on my HD and said it could find the files there. Worked fine.

6. Gothmog

Nwi finally did it too :D :D :D
    It relly worked that copying to hard drive :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.