1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cars & motorcycles

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Jan 11, 2008.

?

What motorised vehicles do you own and drive?

1. Car(s)

29 vote(s)
    67.4%
  2. Motorcycle(s)

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. Both car(s) and motorcycle(s)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. None

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] This subject doesn't come up that often here, so I'm running a poll to find out what motorised vehicles our members own and drive (if any).

I don't own any motorcycles and more, so just the car for me. Currently a '97 Opel Astra 1.6 that I'll probably be replacing in a year or two, once I've got too much time on my hands again so I can go car hunting. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with it for nearly 2 years that I've owned it now, so it's in great shape. Fully equipped too, so there's nothing I'm missing equipment-wise. No GPS though. :p

How about the rest of you?

2. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Well, while i dont *own* the car, i am the only one who uses it. I have a 1.2L '03 Punto Active Sport, nice car, but it has small drawbacks, like the indicators...

3. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I used to drive a modified 1972 Volvo 144 Deluxe, a bright orange beast of a car, but had to sell it in the end because I couldn't afford to keep it running (repairs and fuel expenses were quite a joke, really). These days I drive a white '91 Mazda MX5, which has clocked well over 120,000 miles but still running right as rain!

4. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

I just got my license recently, and bought my first car: a 1998 Honda Civic CXi hatchback 1.6L.

It's stock and has no power windows, central locking, and CD player, but it runs smoothly for its age (only done 112,000 km or so), and I love it.

5. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Updated from a 1.3l '99 Ford Ka with no frills to a brand new '07 Ford Focus Style with cruise control and front window demister (and man, that makes a big difference early in the morning). I miss being able to park nearly anywhere, however...

In Spain I used to drive a basic '01 1.9l diesel Nissan Primera, but it was my dad's.

6. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

My parents have two four wheel drives, one of which is always available for my use. The newer one is a Suzuki Vitara and the older one is a Holden Jakaroo (which would have to be branded differently outside Australia)

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Cars all the way. I think you would have to be certifiably insane to drive a motorcycle in my city.

8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I assume that by "cars" you would include things like minivans, SUVs, pickups, etc. I know they are much more prevalent here in the states than in Europe, but if you have a standard drivers license you can drive any of them.

I drive a 2004 3.2L V6 Honda Accord. My wife has a 2000 Honda Civic.

And while I don't live in LA, I have to agree with dmc's sentiments - you'd be crazy to drive a motorcycle on the Baltimore or Washington beltways.

9. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    None, for the obvious reason that I'm under 18. :p

I'm not even sure about ever buying a car, well, maybe one day when I have a wife, kids, cat, dog and a row house, but public transportation works well in the cities I live.

10. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    None right now. I have owned a car before and may again later (though not an old wreck next time - I had a 12+ years old Fiat when I was at university and learned that what you save on purchase, you end up spending on maintenance:nolike:).

Motorcycle? NEVER! You'd have to be crazy to drive those things anywhere! :skeptic:

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I own a new Peugeot 206 LX. It's OK, I want something with more power though.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes, anything remotely fitting the car category is encompassed in that first poll option. :D

13. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Motorcycles all the way. And in case you're wondering: I don't have a crazy bone in my body... riding a motorcycle is a serious thing. Only the true lunatics lock themselves up in a cage :D;):p

Barmy, get the 2.0 GTI version of the 206. It has more than enough power for such a small car ;)

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    2003 Trailblazer
    Mrs. Bruno drives a 2006 CTS

If I bought a motorcycle Mrs Bruno would ensure I had a REALLY BIG life insurance policy... and then kill me.

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I own a 1999 Kawasaki Katana 600, and it's my pride and joy.

Of course, can't use it during the winter, so I take the bus and/or walk during the said season.

Cars suck.

16. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

No car nor motorcycle. I travel mostly by train whenever I have to go somewhere (since it is free for me).

17. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    I drive a 2006 Honda Accord. My wife drives a 2006 Saab 93. Motorcycles are strictly out for me.

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I can't afford an auto or motorcycle. All I have is 2 feet and a heart beat.

19. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I don't drive anything although I was very tempted recently to buy a Ford Ka. Then I sat in it and my knees kept bumping into my ears so I was mildly put off :D

20. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, like most people in North America, I have 2 vehicles for every day of the week (one for summer, one for winter), and a few more just for fun. BMW, Porche, Mercedes, Lexus, Ferrari, etc. So a total of 20. Plus a pick-up truck for utility puposes.

No motorcycles, though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.