1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cards - Trading/Collectible/Games etc.

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Aldazar, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

After reading the thread on "Magic: The Gathering" I was wondering what other CCG/TCG or Collector cards you guys have or get on a regular basis.

I was thinking of making it a poll of sorts but have too limited a knowledge on what's available.
    So anyway, tell me what you guys are into in this respect and help me expand my knowledge. Anything from "themed" regular playing cards to baseball cards and so on. I guess even things that kinda fit the theme of the thread but aren't quite cards such as those Tazo things.

Anyway, as I've mentioned previously I collect and play Yu-Gi-Oh, more as a way to relate to my eldest son, but I also have a pretty decent collection of Marvel collector cards such as some Fleer Ultra X-Men cards and "Marvel Masterpiece" as painted by the Hildebrandts (I think) from around 1995 or so, and the following movie collector cards: Batman Returns, TMNT, Super Mario Brothers and X-Men. Oh, I also haev a starter deck and a heap of booster packs from the old Marvel Overpower card game.

2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Collectible card gaming begins and ends with Magic: The Gathering, I've been playing it since 6th grade, and although the new sets are sort of crappy, it's still a hoot.

Edit: After inspecting my collection, I must have like 2,000 of these. Feeling depressed now.

[ September 01, 2004, 06:00: Message edited by: Rednik ]

3. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Movie Posters: I have over 100. My favorite is the first alien movie "In space no one can hear you scream" signed by Sigourney Weaver.

Baseball Cards: Have over 800 clear back to 1957. Have all the 1969 Mets set. My late Grandfather loved baseball and gave his to me.

Coo Coo Clocks: I have 18 of them. :jawdrop:

4. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Autographed photos of science fiction/fantasty/horror actors. I enjoy going to conventions (when I can afford them), and I love getting the 8x10 photos autographed, usually personalized.

My favourites would have to be Walter Koenig from Star Trek and Anthony Steward Head from Buffy.

I used to collect baseball cards, and had a sizable collection, but I don't know where they are now.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I used to collect ice hockey cards when I was around 1 or so... it was THE thing to do in our little school, and I was pretty interested in hockey at that time. I still have a huge pile of them somewhere.... some of them should still be worth quite a bit.

Is it strange that of a card that had only 400 released copies in the entire collectibe series and was THE rearest card that year, there were three of them in our little "community" of less than 30 collectors, all from the same area?

Other than that, I used to collect stickers the year after... I still have a huge ple of them, as well.

*sigh*

I feel old.

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

I play a lot of Magic The Gathering with friends...

I also played Netrunner for a while but the only friend I knew playing it moved away...

I tried Overpower to but I didn't really like it.

But Magic is a cool game!

I also have tons of "flippo's" :)

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Oh yeah, while cleaning out my room last night (again) I found a heap of different Dragonball Z Tazos, 2 different sets of Beyblade tazos, a few Crush Gear Turbo tazos and a pile of Yu-Gi-Oh tazos as well.

Other than those, the only things I have a large collection of is about $3000 to $4000 worth of Marvel comic books and a few dozen movie posters as well, including 2 different posters for: Scream 2, Jackie Brown, Independance Day and Excess Baggage.

8. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Icehockey card: Last time I counted, I had 55000 of them. Costed a fortune, they did. The most expensive picture is worth ~$300USD, a picture of Keith Tkuch(I never can get his spelling right, but he plays in St. Blues right now) in his Phoenix Coyotes, my favourite team.

Football stickers: Have the 1974 album full, have 5 different pictures of Roberto Baggio plus one VERY rare picture for WC1998 on Ronaldo that is worth ~$100USD.

Lego: Have Sweden's biggest private collection of lego, me and my brothers. How do I know this? Well, they had a contest where you would send in a picture of all your lego collected and if it were big enough, they would send a controllant. We had much, much more than the winner, about a 1/4 more.

I have one/1/uno/eins/ett/I card of Magic:The Gathering. Check my awe as I walk by. ;)

9. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

@Caleb Awe??? whit's that?

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

'Awe' is "a mixed emotion of reverence, respect, dread, and wonder inspired by authority, genius, beauty or might"

I'm guessing though, that Caleb was being sarcastic.

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yeah, pretty much what Aldazar said.

Also, I lost my awe. It seems my M:TG card got lost in the move we had two years ago. Oh well... ;)

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have the complete set of World Series Cricket cards from the 1982 series. One of the rarest cards was Graeme Wood driving to square leg. There were also such oddities as Graham Gooch bowling and Richard Hadlee sliding his bat. If you collected them all and turned them over, they formed a giant picture of the Melbourne Cricket Ground on the day of the infamous 'underarm' incident. :mad:

13. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I used to play Middle-Earth: the Wizards and Mythos (which is based on H.P. Lovecraft's works) cards. I have hundreds of those Middle-Earth cards, and I've wasted much money on them, probably 250-300 euros or even more.

Mythos cards were much cheaper, because I bought my collection from internet auction.

But, now all those cards are useless...

14. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

i have only about 60 "Star Wars TCG" Cards but I intend to buy more, as soon as I get to travel to Bratislava, the nearest place where I can find WotC products, I'm only about 400kms from Bratislava... :cry:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.