1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't get to Brynnlaw!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by rossbach, Jan 19, 2013.

1. rossbach Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Cut scene after I get ready to get on the ship never lets me go. It shows Irenicus with Imoen, then ends and the crew is gathered ready to speak with Saemon, but the dialogue never starts, we just stand there with no controls active. Any ideas?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    AFAIK there's no clean way to break out of hung cutscenes, so short of a reload of the previous savegame, I don't think you can do anything.

3. rossbach Gems: 1/31

Yep, I have a save right before speaking to Aran and moving to the docks. But how can I get to Brynlaw if I can't get the conversation with Saemon going?

4. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

Have a PC try to speak to someone, anyone. This may get the cutscene guys into dialog mode.
    Failing that, get cracking with Infinity Explorer or Near Infinity.

5. rossbach Gems: 1/31

Nope, the whole screen appears as things doing during normal cutscenes, with no way to give commands. All characters just stand there looking at one another.

I have no idea how to do the IE or Near Infinity things that you mention. Any suggestions?

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Have you tried playing it out again and actually get stuck in the same place?

7. rossbach Gems: 1/31

I am about to try getting rid of items/characters that might be the issue. I will report back when I find it!

---------- Added 8 hours, 2 minutes and 11 seconds later... ----------

No luck! Can I CLUAConsole there? Will the story string pick up from there?

8. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31

Resourceful

Near Infinity crash course:
    start the NI program
    open your BG2 game files with Ctrl + O, it is asking for the entire game cause it can read the entire game
    now look for the guild hideout, this will be an ARE file, to the ARE section you will go. Aran is in the main part, AR0307, this I know from having played the game.
    check under Actors and he appears as Aran Linvail, click on View/Edit. Click on the link ARAN.CRE (Aran Linvail)
    click on ARAN.DLG, this brings up his dialog file, what a large load of data!
    go to the Edit tab and scroll to the end, where the actions are, Action 23 ends with
    "StartCutSceneMode()
    StartCutScene("Movie03b")"
    This looks like the ticket, now Movie03b is a BCS file so go to the BCS section and look up Movie03b.bcs. This leads to Movie03d.bcs, which leads to Cut41b.bcs

This is the content of my Cut41b.bcs, it ends with Aran starting dialog with the protagonist:
    IF
    True()
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    CutSceneId(Player1)
    FadeToColor([20.0],0)
    Wait(1)
    DayNight(MIDNIGHT)
    LeaveAreaLUAPanic("AR0500","",[3035.2949],6)
    LeaveAreaLUA("AR0500","",[3035.2949],6)
    ActionOverride(Player2,LeaveAreaLUA("AR0500","",[2965.3008],6))
    ActionOverride(Player3,LeaveAreaLUA("AR0500","",[2988.3027],6))
    ActionOverride(Player4,LeaveAreaLUA("AR0500","",[3015.3047],6))
    ActionOverride(Player5,LeaveAreaLUA("AR0500","",[2954.2899],6))
    ActionOverride(Player6,LeaveAreaLUA("AR0500","",[3100.2954],6))
    MultiPlayerSync()
    Wait(1)
    CreateCreature("pparan2",[3059.3013],0) // Aran Linvail
    CreateCreature("ppsaem",[2995.2984],0) // Saemon Havarian
    CreateCreature("ppsime",[3070.3076],0) // Sime
    Wait(1)
    FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
    Wait(2)
    MultiPlayerSync()
    ActionOverride("aran",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))
    END

File for the dialog is PPAran2.dlg

9. rossbach Gems: 1/31

Whoa! Thanks for that! I will just now have to figure out how that works, having never used Near Infinity. I will slug through it and update when able!

10. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31

Resourceful

Look at what happens in the game, then see what was supposed to happen in the script. Where do the two suddenly diverge?
    IESDP tells you what all that stuff means.
    iesdp.com
    iesdp.gibberlings3.net

Action#122
    EndCutSceneMode()
    This may be needed, once cut scene ends if Aran does not start talking, you can talk to him to get dialog going.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.