1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't get EE Keeper to work

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' started by Jachammer, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Jachammer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have tried everything I know to get EE Keeper to work on Beamdogs version of BG, No luck! Can anyone help??

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Can you describe the problem you're having in more detail? Can't really help you unless you provide us with the necessary information to pinpoint the cause.

3. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Like kenethy said, some more information would be good to haver to determine the problem.

One thing that i can thinnk of is not correctly setting the games directory options.
    Remember that the main game is installed in whatever folder you selected during installation, but that the save games are saved somewhere in your Documents folder ( something like C:bad:Users\*your windows account name*\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\)

I have BG:EE installed on my system, and EE Keeper is working just fine for me, heres a screenshot of my installation directory settings :

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  4. Jachammer Gems: 1/31

The only thing that I see that I might have done wrong is,I forgot to check the "use custom save" box. I will keep trying and I greatly appreciate your help! I also have Icewind Dale-EE & Baldur's Gate II-EE, At the start of a game I like to boost my stats just a little so I can get a foot hold on the action!

---------- Added 0 hours, 55 minutes and 50 seconds later... ----------

Yahoo!! Thank you so much guys! I checked the"use custom save location"box, And now EE Keeper is working just great on all of my games.

5. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Good to hear you have your problems sorted, have fun with your playthrough :)

6. Troodon80 Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Old-ish topic, I know (though it is the first topic in this category). I don't come here very often (so apologies if it is considered thread-necro), but since I maintain EE Keeper I thought I'd give my input on the topic. :-)
    Just wanted to point out that using the 'custom save game location' option should only be used as a last resort or if games are not stored in the traditional /save/ folder. If you have the normal ./Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/ structure, then remove 'save' from the end and uncheck the box if you have it checked.

What the code does is:
    • If you leave the custom location checkbox unchecked, it will append the required save folder (save, mpsave, bpsave, and mpbpsave) to what you have in the User Save Data Directory text box. Likewise it does this for all named folders; portraits, characters, override, etc.
    • If you check the custom location checkbox, then it uses the exact folder path in the User Save Data Directory text box.

The only time I advise using it is when the usual folder structure is not available. E.g., I have a folder I use to transfer save games from my Android device to my laptop or network, so I use that folder as a direct path and keep them deliberately separate from my normal save games. Example: the path to the mentioned save games on my network drive is Z:bad:Beamdog\bg1saves\.

While using the direct approach will work for the save games, it will not pick up custom portraits (if you are using any) or anything other than the save folder you are pointing to. It uses the same method of appending mentioned above. For an example of how it works:

Using the normal/not-custom method:
    ./Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/ becomes ./Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/portraits/ when it wants to look for portraits.
    Using the direct/custom method:
    ./Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/save/ becomes ./Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/save/portraits/ when looking for portraits.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.