1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't gain levels :P

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Boulevard, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Boulevard Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] This might sound stupid, but I'm having serious problems leveling. I can't get above level 1.

I've got enough xp and the log tells me that "<character> has gained a level.". But how to actually gain it? When I check the character he/she's still at level 1. There's no button or anything to press.

Is it a bug or is it just me who can't find the god damn button? Starting to piss me of when I meet mobs which hit harder then my max hps :/

//Boulevard

2. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Go to the character detail screen (damn i forget the shorcut key, should be R or C), the screen that shows a big picture of your character on the left and some detailed data on the right.

See the 'Level up' buttom just below the character data? That's your key.

[ February 10, 2003, 18:24: Message edited by: teekc ]

3. Boulevard Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I've checked that. And it is the C key as standard. Anyway, I've tried to move my characters from mobs, but it doesn't help either.

There's nothing on the character sheet(where I can see all my characters), just their names and that picture to the left.
    If I click on a character there's just some facts about his/her skills etc. to the right and some other info to the left. Nothing to click. Just says "Level 1 Fighter" for example, even though he/she should be lvl 2.

Is this a bug, or am I still looking in the wrong place?

//Boulevard

[ February 10, 2003, 18:53: Message edited by: Boulevard ]

4. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Maybe it's just me, but open the Character Sheet; and in the bottom-ish-right there should be a button saying Level Up or somewhat.

Oh, and if you read the FAQ, ending your name with a Signiature like so is against the forum rules. It's a bad habit to get into :)

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

First, read the rules of this board. Signatures are not allowed.

Secondly, you can find the levelup button in the lower right corner of your characterscreen. It's not among the other characterdata.

Edit: Damn you Gopher! *shakes fist at empty sky* ;) :p

[ February 10, 2003, 19:10: Message edited by: Faragon ]

6. Boulevard Gems: 1/31

Oh, sorry for that. Won't do it again.

Hmm, the Character Arbitration? The one which is reachable either by pressing "c"(standard settings) or clicking on the head down and to the left from the "time-globe"?

Well, in the first stage of it, where I can see all my characters, there is no other buttons then "Exit", "Modify Characters" and "Done".

If I select a certain character there is nothing else then a "Done" button to click on. Been scrolling down on the menu to the right, but there nothing there besides skills etc. The same thing to the left, nothing there.

Hmm, either it's a bug or I've been searching on the wrong place.

7. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

You're in the wrong place.

Ok, you want to go to the screen where you can see each of your character's stats, saving throws, etc. Then, in the bottom right, not all the way at the bottom, but bottom enough, you'll see the clickable "Level Up" button. When you click it, it'll show the list of classes that your char can be, and you click on whichever one that tickles your fancy for multiclasing, or just click on the same one, and click "Next" in that same bottom right corner. Then, it'll take you to the next screen where you pick your character's skills with however many skill points you have. Then, you may go to the feat page or you may not. And you're done. Hope that clears it up for you.

8. Boulevard Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Aha! It was on a totally diffirent page then I thought. It was on the "Record" page. Which has the shortkey "R", which also was mentioned in the beginning. C or R he said. Stupid me didn't even check it out.

Ah well, thanks for all the help everyone! Much more eaiser now, gained 2 levels :) Quite a diffirence between having 15 hp on my fighters and having 48 :D

[ February 10, 2003, 22:49: Message edited by: Boulevard ]

9. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

No, no, not the inventory page. The page where it shows all of your stats. Um, I have no idea how to explain what the symbol looks like, but it's right under the inventory button, promise.

10. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Ok.

Go to my homepage(gophers.tk) for an online Newbie-Proof tutorial on how to Level Up. There should be a "Click here to Learn how to Level Up" link near the bottom. Trust me, it works.

:)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.