1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't continue in game. Your help is needed

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Frog, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I'm at the part where I found the dodecahedron puzzle box and claimed the legacy for it which came with the following:

Kaleidoscopic Eye
    Stone Gullet
    Godsman Receipt

I went to the Foundry to give the Receipt to someone, but the dialogue option doesn't come up. I think its because I pissed one of the manages off so every one just says 'leave' to me.

What can I do?

Things I have tried:

Joining the faction-
    Unfortunately the quest still can't be completed because everyone remains pissed at me.

I tired talking to everyone and so far, nothing.

Please help! Don't give any spoiles away about things to come. I just want to continue my journey.

[This message has been edited by Frog (edited July 24, 2002).]

2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

If your where i think you are then i dont think it will be possible for you to continue without bein able to give them that receipt. There may be a way, wait for extremist hehe. If there isnt then reload before you pissed them off.

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, the receipt is a necessary item.

There should be a single guy, crammed WAAAAAY back in a corner/niche, who will take your receipt. He's to the 'right', or toward the top of the area map, from the entrance. If he just tells you to shove off, then you're screwed.

That receipt is for the next part of the game, so stock up before you use the item you get from it.

4. Frog Gems: 12/31

Veteran

[​IMG] I happened to piss them off right when I got to the lower ward comming from the Alley of Lingering Signs. Then completed every single quest from both the lower and upper clerk ward. Then found out that I just screwed myself when I discovered the Godsmen were necessary in the main plot.

There must be a way to get in good terms with the Godsmen. If not Black Isle is evil for making game-ruining dialogue choices.

The worst part, all my saves have been overwritten after I pissed them off so if theres no way, I have to start over, back to the Mortuary for me. :aww:

edit:

I don't have access to the secrect project rooms in the Foundry because I never joined there faction and was unable to complete the required quests.

Specifically who do I need to give the receipt to? Theres the forge area and then there's the hall with Keldor, who is the only one thats nice to me. To bad the dialogue option doesn't come up when I talk to him.

[This message has been edited by Frog (edited July 25, 2002).]

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

You don't have to have 'secret' access to use the receipt. You show it to the guy at the gates, who lets you in the foundry. Then, just after you enter the foundry, walk down the little corridor, until you can actually see the forge, then start walking up. You go about 1/2 a screen width/length upwards, then back to the right. There's two people, one standing behind a counter; you won't see the people until you enter the doorway to the room, which is almost obscured behind the isometric view.

If you can even manage to get into the foundry, I bet you can still talk to the stockboy. It sounds like you need to hunt around in the foundry until you find the stockboy.

6. Frog Gems: 12/31

Veteran

Stockboy? I talked to like every person in the foundry. Still No go! I even got secret access by having Annah pickpocket on of the managers for the token. Still everyone hates me. They keep on saying the same things. Leave and return when you can show some respect.

So I leave and return and they still give me the same crap. I'm screwed! I know it! :wail:

All I did to trigger this was acting a little sarcastic to one of the managers. All of a sudden everyone in whole freakin' building hates me and I can't get nothin' out of them.

Bunch of tight lip bitches! :sosad:

[This message has been edited by Frog (edited July 25, 2002).]

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There is a simple solution to this problem. Kill them all, or if you are feeling nice only the dude that would have given you the portal. It is on his body. That is what I did after screwing up something, and I was even a godsman :D

8. Frog Gems: 12/31

Veteran

I ended up figuring it out last night. The so called stockboy by the counter ejsmith mentioned has an item in his posession that was unknown to me. It was funny because when I initiated dialogue with him, one of the choices were, "Kill the Old Man." Doing it this way made it so the rest of the building didn't go hostile. I got the item and Idenified it and was able to take the portal to Ravels maze, hence able to carry on in the rest of the game. Thank the Lord I didn't have to start over.

9. LittleJimmy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] The guy who you need to talk to is called Nadilin. You can give the receipt to him. If he's hostile to you as well then you're screwed. As ejsmith said, he's found towards the bottom-right of the screen, in a little corridor that's hard to spot. If all else fails, you can just do what joacquin said and kill him, and then take the item you need off of his body, although I've never tried that myself...

10. Frog Gems: 12/31

Veteran

Jimmy: Thanks for your help, but I figured it out. Read the post above.

11. LittleJimmy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Oh yes, didn't notice that. Ah, that old 'simultanious posting' trick...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.