1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't access de'Arnise hold

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by kneemail, Apr 25, 2004.

1. kneemail Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi there this is my second time playing BG2 and I love it. There is so much to do. However, I find that I can't go to the De'Arnice hold/ I see it on my map, but it doesn't glow or anything... and I can't get there. Is going there contingent on having certain people in my group? Does it depend on what level we are? Experience ? I currently have Aeire, Minsc, Anomen, Jaheira and Nalia (along with my character a monk named Yla.) I dumped Yoshimo after swearing the first time I played that I would not play him again...oh black heart! It's pretty early in the game...but I know from the first time that Nalia takes off if you don't go there fast enuf...but how do I get there? Thanks.

[ April 25, 2004, 13:22: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Did you leave through the city gates? I think you have to in order to get to areas outside of Athkatla.

3. Elendrile Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Have you tried to leave from the City Gates? If I remember correctly, that's the only way to get out of Athkatla.

4. kneemail Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I'll try that today and will let you know. Thanks.... Okay! I went to the City Gates and Umar Hills opened up (never knew how to get to all these places) Wandered around there and from there I was able to get to the De'Arnise hold. That's where I am now. Dumped the whiner Anomen, picked up Valygar. Thanks so much. I am using a monk as I hear they get fabulous as they progress. I love Aerie. She is filled with surprises. Thanks again.

[ April 26, 2004, 14:15: Message edited by: kneemail ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.