1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Candle in Watcher's Keep

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Elessar, Oct 17, 2001.

1. Elessar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I can't find the candle anywhere. I've spent a good hour looking and re-looking everywhere. Could someone give me a little hint?

2. Are you sure you checked *every* single room and *every* single place to look??? It helps if you press "tab": everything you can open/close/player's hp.

3. Elessar Gems: 5/31

Well I've obviously missed something...that's why I'm asking.

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Heh, maybe she's spooked from her chastising for giving out spoilers :shame: But for a hint, maybe you should find a room with a fireplace. Now if you want to know exactly where to find the thing, keep on reading. But be forewarned, simple spoiler ahead....
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

I had a lot of problems finding this spot myself. There is a chest in the room across from the alter that seems to have a hearth in it. This would be the room directly opposite the Head Priest's room. The exact location of this chest is (x 340 y 1050). Hope this works for you if my first hint didn't:D

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited October 17, 2001).]

5. Elessar Gems: 5/31

Thanks Crawl, I looked in that room eighty freakin' times. I hope I don't have to start over.

6. Sorry I *am* spooked and since I'm doing a Watcher's Keep walkthrough, I forgot to mention where all the items were and I don't wanna start the game over again just to tell you.

7. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Did you find the chest at those coordinates? Well, if it wasnt' in that chest...perhaps you droped it by mistake? Regardless, if you can't find the candle where I think it's suppoed to be, just use shadowkeeper to put it in your inventory. No big deal. Don't start the game over just because of that.

8. Elessar Gems: 5/31

Crawl, yup I found it. I didn't know how to use the coordinates but found the chest anyway. I was worried at first but knowing it was supposed to be there helped. Thank you much.

Sorry I *am* spooked and since I'm doing a Watcher's Keep walkthrough, I forgot to mention where all the items were and I don't wanna start the game over again just to tell you.

I wasn't asking anyone to start the game over just to tell me :p . I was just asking for a tip, if you didn't know don't answer. No need to get pissy :D .

9. Arek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm having some trouble using the candle and the bell in Watcher's Keep.

It might have something to do with the fact I have changed Jaheira to a Ranger/Cleric, Imoen to a Monk, Korgan to a Fighter/Thief etc. and altering everyone's stats and creating items in my inventory. But I'm hoping its not.

I put the items on the alter (am I supposed to find a book as well?) and nothing happens.

10. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Ahh yes I remember something similar happening when I used SK to change Jan into a nymph, Minsc into a gnoll, and Mazzy into a mummy. Err...no ;)

I don't think SK is the culprit here. You need the candle and the bell and the book (that's already on the altar IIRC). Put everything on the altar in the right order (should be on parchment paper that tells you the ritual IIRC). You'll know when you get it right for the bell will chime.

11. Crawl Gems: 23/31

I think perhaps the problem here is he isn't going the whole ritual. Don't forget here is a certain order to put those things on the alter and click on them to get the game moving along. However, like B said, there do seem to be consuquences to messing around with NPC's too much. I've never tried it for any length of times, but I have heard frightening tales from others. ~BEWARE~;)

12. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

that was a really fun part of watchers keep! the lich and his slippers! :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.