1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can you bring a Character back to life??

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by aeckler1981, May 7, 2001.

1. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

2. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

It's because Rangers and Druids are closely linked to nature. A druid is concentrates more on the magical side while a ranger is more a physical. Eventually a Ranger will be able to cast some druid spells but only when they are at a high level.

3. herf Guest

i had this prob as well, i take it u cheated to get the scroll?

simple, have it in someones quick item slot, then click n the dead persons portrait, then use the scroll but cast it on their items, that worked for me. the non-dead party member should appear beside ur main character.

4. aeckler1981 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

No i didn't cheat. but for some reason i tried it on both the pic of the character and on thier clothes and it didn't work either way

[This message has been edited by aeckler1981 (edited May 12, 2001).]

5. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Just a quick thought - are you sure she is actually dead? If she isn't then resurrection obviously won't work. The reason I ask is that, working from memory, doesn't the character's portrait get greyed out if the chracter gets turned to stone? If that is what happened you will need a Stone to flesh scroll to bring her back. There might be an additonal problem in that (I seem to remember getting this) if she is turned to stone then killed you just can't get them back at all.

Anyway, what killed her and how? If you're not sure is she standing up looking grey but immobile (sort of stone like)?

(just clutching at straws here as nothing seems to be working for you)

6. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31

One more quick suggestion check her hit points on the status screen. If they are -10 or lower you can't ressurect her. The portrait shouldn't be there then but sometimes it doesn't get dropped.

7. Havok Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Sounds like you're just going to have to open a previous quick save, auto save, or some other prior game save and replay the scenario. It's aggravating, but workable. Otherwise, tote the body back to a temple and shell out the gold for them to perform a raise dead.

[This message has been edited by Havok (edited May 14, 2001).]

8. Cerryl Gems: 9/31

Actually if a charactter gets petrified their portrait disappears from the sidebar. You have to free them first and then talk to them before their portrait will reappear.

9. aeckler1981 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

No she didn't get turned to stone and If a characters hit points go below -10 then you see chunks of her go flying and her pic is taken off your screen

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.