1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can we have a greater variety of smilies?!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Fljotsdale, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] There are just NOT ENOUGH to express what you intend to imply! How about a few 'evil laughs'? or a 'bang bang you're dead', or an 'I disagree' or..... oh! any number of others that are available? It would add an extra zest to the comments!

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Why? I just need these four :mad: :D and :p ;)

3. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31

Well, 'cos there are a huge number of 'em and some are good fun! And I often find the ones on this forum are just SO inadequate for what I want to express! Another half-dozen or so would make a big difference. I am particularly fond of :evillaugh: & :1ponder: which you don't have here, sadly, and there are a variety that younger posters would find fun!

4. Silverblade Guest

If the right smilie isn't there to express yourself, just do it in words. (you ever thought of that, Fljotsdale?)

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

6. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] LOL! O'course I have! But 'a picture speaks a thousand words' (or whatever the tag is)!
    The smilie :rolleyes: says more than the words used to express the sentiment! :D

Using off-site stuff slows down the board, Headbanger... tried it!

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited August 20, 2001).]

7. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Haha I was going to post all 11 and say that they were a wide variety to choose from and to be happy with what you have and behold I get this message saying you can only have 8 per post. ;) :D :p

9. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I think the ones we have are fine, actually I think we could *remove* one or two which are rarely used... I like text, using an abundance of smilies reminds me of l33t sp34k *shrug*

10. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm... More smilies? Let me try:

Edit> Damn! UBB is not allowed! Why oh why is that so?!

[This message has been edited by Vicsun (edited August 20, 2001).]

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It was decided when this board was created that allowing it only leads to a flood of junk pictures in every post, not to mention slows down the loading of every page.

As for more smilies... Yea, it's possible. Heh, probably about the only hack I haven't installed yet on this trusty UBB of ours. Feel free to post links to smilies or say what kind you'd like. I bookmarked the topic and I'll do it when I have the time.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited August 20, 2001).]

12. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31

post erased. Couldn't delete myself, since only forum 'leaders' can do so, apparently. Very odd!

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited August 21, 2001).]

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I never link to anyone's pictures anywhere, that's lame. And ironworks can shove their smilies where the sun don't shine. Sorry Fljotsdale, nothing personal, but please don't mention that site here again. Losers stole from me before (in fact, most of the stuff that pathetic website has up is stolen material from other sites) and since then I don't want to have any dealings with them of whatsoever. I get allergic at the sheer mention of that name. What they don't steal, they copy.

*Whew*. Had to let that out. Anyway, when I said you can post examples I meant of something really special... Finding new smilies is no problem for me, there are thousands to choose from. Btw., I don't intend to add more than 20. (Probably much less.) I don't think we really need more now, but OK, just to keep you peeps happy. You can be sure I won't add so many that they'd turn Boards O' Magick into a smiley playground.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited August 21, 2001).]

14. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Ok, Taluntain, I'll edit it out, lol! I've always found them pretty nice, myself, though! :D But then, I don't know what you experienced. (DON'T tell me, lol!)

15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Aren't there some people here whith knowledge of Photoshop etc? I knew some people who made some cool smileys, I was wondering if someone here has the abillity to create some cool smileys for an RPG site ( A smiley that draws a sword for example)

Would be pretty cool.

16. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If you ask me, I often use *evil grin* and *glower* expressions that could be put up as a smilies.
    *weep* and *draw sword* mentioned above is not so bad idea, but instead of those (and instead of ALL those missing i.e. *puke*) I always use *mad*. *evil grin*

-------------------------------------------

Just a quick *glower* on Fljotsdale:
    Man, ok you don't know what happened and you don't need to know. However, why don't you try to ask there on that Stealer's Site where disappeared "their" Planescape Torment section? Also you could ask why there are so many links from their forums to download stuff from SP (try search option)? If that is not enough, you can ask why Lady Nightshade (who is one of famous their members) had to close "her" custom pics page. Do you think they'll tell you the truth?
    Man, close your nick on that Liar/Spammer/Robber/Copycat Boards.

And last, I'm aware that I can't prevent those thiefs to steal and post BG2 additional console commands from here as if they discovered it by themselves (it is a beautiful tradition of that site). But I can promise you that right now I'm already preparing for flame war when that happens.

17. Taluntain

Media:
    Hm, smilies like that would be animated gifs. (All those that move in any way are.) I don't think Photoshop is the right tool for that. There was one program especially for making such stuff, but the name eludes me...

Fljotsdale, it was ugly. Just take my word for it.

Ah, I see Extremist provided more detail.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited August 21, 2001).]

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

With newer shareware versions of Photoshop you get included Animation Shop shareware - for creating animated GIFs.

I guess the purchased version has it too... But I never tried it or used it to give a description.

19. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Extremist? Lady Nightshade is from Team BG, not Ironworks. I know there were problems about her portrait page and Ironworks some time back, but it was resolved amicably in the end. I was not involved in it and don't want to be. I like to get on with people in a friendly way and deliberately avoid all flaming threads.
    I think most things can be dealt with in a positive, friendly way, even when one or more party to a dispute is 'difficult'.
    But then - I'm an old fogey, lol! :)

20. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Woohoo!

Please add a crying and evil one!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.