1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can I have a party of five?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Ganz, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Ganz Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I’ve just started playing NWN as a rogue/wizard and I’m just wondering. If I start off as a Ranger and then take one level of Druid, I will get an animal companion (I’m thinking perhaps a brown bear). On the third level, if I take Sorcerer, I’ll get a familiar, right? Can I summon both at the same time or would the game limit me to just one companion/familiar at a time?

(Some of you probably know what’s coming next.)

I intend to pursue my Ranger profession until level 6 when I should get an animal companion. So I would have three companions and when I take a henchman, I would have a party of five, right?

Ooh, by the way, I just remembered there’s this gnomish sorcerer you can hire. Would he be smart enough to summon his own familiar, too? That means a party of six!

Has anyone tried this?

2. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] IIRC the Bioboffins said the max you can have is one of each 'flavour' which would be:
    1 familiar
    1 summoned
    1 animal companion
    1 henchperson

3. Syrel Gems: 6/31

what does the Dominate creature (from ranger skill animal empathy) count as? summoned?
    cause i know that if this skill is good you can dominate animals and they act like henchman/animal companions.
    you can have your ranger animal companion at the same time as a Dominated animal. So is that an extra :) my skill in animal empathy isn't very high but if you have a high skill in this can you get a bunch of animals?
    i know i can use it on multiple animals but rarely do i get Dominate so they join. got it twice now once on a cow and once on a badger :p

4. Ganz Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] LOL, Syrel, what did the cow do for you? Give you milk, presumably?

So, if I play as a ranger/sorcerer, I can get an animal companion, a familiar, a henchperson, a summoned creature and as-yet-undetermined number of dominated animals? Oooh, quite a retinue there. I think I'll try it next, right after I get my fill of the rogue/wizard.

At the moment, I'm still in Chapter 1 Peninsula district and my female rogue is having a fun time peeking into chests (the wooden kind) while my hired hand Daelan Red Tiger is taking care of the baddies. He doesn't need my help at all! He even brought his own supply of healing potions. :D

5. Syrel Gems: 6/31

actuelly the cow followed me into battle then tried to attack a dire wolf! it gave a head butt and missed then the wolf ate it.
    that cow had surprising speed for a cow! got to the wolf before me :p to bad it's only use was to slow it down.

6. Ganz Gems: 6/31

Syrel, I would have loved to see that cow of yours in battle! :lol:

By the way, I read in a guide by Shade Raven (sorry, can't remember the website) that a PC can only have one dominated animal at a time. If there is already a dominated animal accompanying the PC, the next attempts at domination will automatically fail. The creature might even turn hostile. Oh, well. :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.