1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can anyone tell me what's good about this game?

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by Farthy, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Come on, there must be something. I've only heard negative reviews and I'm tired of them. It is my firm belief that there is something good about all games and this one is no exception I hope. Well, if you exclude Catfight.

2. TrueShadow Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ehrm... the graphics are... good.

Oh, and there are drow in the game. You can never have enough drow.

3. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The box is quite nice, and the jewel cases are quite useful. Cds' make good coasters.
    Every cloud has a silver lining :lol:

4. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well what gave you the idea that anything about it was good?

Alright the box looks nice, hell it even promises you a roleplaying game (doh)

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    In the spirit of the army and other sadistic institutions: the absence of a fatal bug that crashes your system (either out to windows or completely) for a five minute span is, in my opinion, a very good thing. (Sort of the absence of pain equals pleasure.)

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, its not workingness is a good thing :bang:

7. Dhirngulin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The fact that talking about it gives people something to do.....nah i guess there just are somethings that should not have been brought out...

8. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Erm, one you get past a certain level in the game, it's allegedly quite playable, and ummmm... it looks pretty? Oh, and if you like to see crap ways of putting rules into effect this is your game. I can see they put a lot of thought into implementing it after all.
    They really wanted to do a party based diablo 2 didn't they? :rolleyes:

9. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Aww now come on, it's really not all that bad if you give it a chance, once you get the updated XP for 3ED on there you might find that it turns out to be quite playable...

10. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

[​IMG] I gave it a chance, i didnt even get to the dwarven dungeons before i uninstalled.
    I think i will give it to my cousin for christmas :p

IT STINKS!

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I finaly got it working and though, hey, maybe the fine people at SP may be wrong. Until it crashed...

12. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Mine's never crashed once, and I've never experianced a single bug.

13. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've heard/read that the rules implementation in the game is FUBAR, can anyone else give more details about how bad they screwed the rules up?

14. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Feats and skills are automatically assigned to characters. The rogue's stealth is useless because you can't move far away from the party. Rangers can't dual wield. Attack of opportunity is totally screwed up.
    Is that enough, or do you want me to actually think about it and give you more?

15. Klonz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Great idea. Poor game. The good things about it would be good idea. :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.