1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can anyone remember Daggerfall? Morrowind comes soon...

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Xaelifer, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Anyone remember Daggerfall, the second in the Elder Scrolls series by Bethesda Softworks? That game kicks ass, in my opinion, and has all the little details to make a good RPG. Have any of you die-hard fans ever played it?

Even if you haven't, play Morrowind!!! Buy NWN and Morrowind and you'll be playing for the rest of your meteor-swooning basement computer life!

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Finally, another "Elder Scrolls" Fan. It all started with Arena, and then Daggerfall was great. I can't wait for Morrowind, the graphics look intense!
    http://www.morrowind.com/main.htm

I just don't know how I'm going to play it on my lap-top ... my little finger mouse won't take the pressure of all those sword thrusts!

3. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Daggerfall was a wonderfull game I remember playing that everyday with one of my freinds I wonder where my disc is...

4. gollum Banned

I am planing to get Morrowind.

5. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Mathetais, let's have brunch sometime. I'm glad someone else likes a real RPG! Morrowind...ughh...(slobbering)

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I have Daggerfall for my pc...That was a fun game...Even though everyone looked the same. I liked the designer spells!

7. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I don't think daggerfall has really aged well.. if you even get it to work under a newer version of windows (or any windows for that matter!), it's incredibly repetitive. This Morrowind has done something about basically every aspect of daggefall that I didn't like: conversations, shopping, fighting.. and yes, this time every place, quest, person and so forth is unique.

Check out http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/. They have a news section where they sort of filter out the good stuff that the designers say at the official message boards. Very nice page. It may not be as pretty as the official one, but hell, it's user friendly. You can hardly say that about elderscrolls.com.

8. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Remember!? I still find myself playing the game from time to time.

I'm not much hyped about morrowind though. I'm afraid it might turn out to be an xbox "PG 13" ened game with extreme graphical allure, rather than its revolutionary predecessor. I'll have to wait and see i suppose.

But the constructor set shipping with the game is amazing and looks to be even better than Neverwinter Nights'.

9. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Oh my God!! :aaa:

My eyes are just full of joyfull tears when I count not 1, not 2, not 5, but 8, EIGHT (!) Daggerfall fans!! At last!
    And when I add myself, we sum up to the number 9 and I think we can write a petition to Tal and demand our own board! :D:D:hahaerr:

Anyway, Daggerfall was a great game and hopefully Morrowind will be at least half as good. Daggerfall had a great fell and, if Morrowind keeps that, then we can expect one kick-ass sequel. I personally don't care much about the graphics, the gameplay and the before-mentioned feel is what really matters...
    Fuck the graphics, let's just hope Invokers fears won't come true...

[This message has been edited by Elendil (edited January 08, 2002).]

10. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The Playground is a prime location for all us Elder Scrolls fans to unite and drool together over Morrowind.

Gotta make a confession .... I'm more excited about IWD2 than about Morrowind. Part of the problem is that I only play games on my lap-top, and the finger mouse will make the game-play difficult (I might have to break down and install a "real" mouse)

Also, I like the new races and classes they are using in IWD2. Lots of fun speculating which class/race combo will be the "best" or "most fun".

11. total Guest

Count me in! :square:

I loved Daggerfall, but never made two steps in the main storyline, i just enjoyed in game, i almost felt i was living another life, you know, bought house, practiced magic there over day, around 9:30 PM went to shop, slept, stole :) and still made to magic guild for my 12:00-03:00 duty shift!!! Ahhhh that was life, then bought all books that i could find and read them, liked idea of being librarian, but game didnt gave me chance :( then I visited far lands, travelled for few years, went home... But i guess i got bored of not seeing purpose of my life (well we all need quests :) )

Tried playing main storyline but my version was bugged, never found the patch and that was my end :(

Battlespire (or something similar) was BIG disappointment, gave it a chance, but bugs were stronger.

Morrowind... who knows, i can't wait!

Btw. Any Master of Orion fans around here?

[This message has been edited by total (edited March 10, 2002).]

12. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Who here votes Daggerfall as the most innovative RPG in the century of 1900's? I certainly do - for its time, it is an amazing game.

13. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Mathetais, you infidel, how do you even DARE say such a blasphemy?!!
    The only way you can repend yourself and save your soul from the diabolical Icewind is by doing this:

1. Restart in MS-Dos and start Daggerfall
    2. Play the game and follow the main plot by passing ALL the dungeons and ALL the quests until you reach the very end of the very last room in the last dungeon of Oblivion and then repeat steps 1 and 2, but as a purebreed thief. Then you may finish the game...
    3. As a pure thief you need to collect at least 666 kills of "the escaped failed experiment" quest, of the Mages Guild
    4. You may not eat, sleep or exit the room until you have completed steps 1,2,3...
    You are allowed aproximately 2.5 excursions to the bathroom before completeing steps 1,2 and 3...

Then, and only then will will be purged of that evil named Icewind Dale 2, which may be a good game and is eagerly expected :D...
    But Morrowind is first...

And Total, there is a patch avaliable for download which grants you the ability to actually finish the game and be able to have a normal life at the same time...With the patch, you can cycle trough the important dungeon locations and hence finish the quests fairly easy. It doesn't work on the 2 last dungeons I think, but there is a detailed walktrough of those 2 dungeons somewhere...
    Anyway, that's how I finished the game (don't tell Mathetais that)...;)

Xaelifer, thumbs up!

14. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I've been browsing around for details of Morrowind and I have to say:

This game looks the absolute nuts!

I never played Daggerfall, so I'll be a "newbie". Who cares. I'm getting this one.

Last I saw, ship date will still be May, but that's already 2 months later than first announced. That of course is US only :( When will they learn? June for Europe or so I understand.

VERY busy summer of gaming coming up. My girlfriend starts her first full time job in July, after her finals. She'll be working shifts :D

[This message has been edited by Viking (edited April 05, 2002).]

15. Kahliib Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Dagger Fall and Morrowind. What a set of games. Fabulous. I've heard good things about Dagger Fall and Morrowind looks great.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.