1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can anyone beat these!?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Apeman, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

The fastest games ever!

These are the records plays of a list of popular games ranging from old nes games to newer ones. It's fascinating to see how fast one can finish a game, although I must question the time these people invested to get such a time.

Check out the mario bros 1 and 3, simply amazing. There's also a record for Baldur's Gate, I think it's about an hour and a half.

2. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm guessing the Mario Bros 3 is the one I've seen already... the guy goes through every level, collecting as much score as possible (eg: jumping on cannon balls and such while waiting for the screen to move) and gets a star card at the end of every level. And he starts every level as "small Mario" too. It was a lot of fun to watch. And nostalgic.

Sometimes he takes advantage of glitches in the game for some levels though.

I'll take a look at the other ones later.

[ March 22, 2005, 05:23: Message edited by: Blog ]

3. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yeah, I've seen the one by a japanese guy that is finished in 11:03 with 99 lives.
    (well, I still have the file in this computer)

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmmm, Baldur's Gate in 1.1 hours? That would be almost worth watching. It took me the best part of a year. Shame I have not played a single one of the other games on the list.

5. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I can beat the time for Resident Evil GC. I beat it with Chris in 1:24:something. It was the first I actually got under two hours, and I was pretty psyched.

6. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31

Veteran

Its interesting to note that there no video for this Baldurs Gate time - we have to take his word for it!

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Looked interesting, but where are the download links? Not sure if I'm becoming blind or something, but are there any...? :confused:

(And I'm talking about games like Bionic Commando and Megaman X.)

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just click on the game and then click on the time and you ought to get to the downloads.

9. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Holy Gaming Day, Batman! It makes me wonder, how many times these people play through the games to get ready for the final run. And think about it, if the game has a final boss, and they lose there, the entire run in wasted!

10. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I found watching the BG1 video a thouroughly depressing experience. Some games just arent meant to be rushed through.

11. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I love those Max payne l and ll movies :) Two of the best games I've ever played.

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

@Celesialraven. That is true but how amusing was it to hear the baldur's gate tale in German :D

13. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Quite so! Somehow the monster screams lose something in the translation... i didnt realize the kobolds were screaming in English until i heard them in German :) . The singing monks in the prologue were a hoot, i think i only made out 'evil' in their schpeal about Bhaal. Tell me, was it just me who heard dirty things in a language i couldnt even begin to understand? if it's just my brain attempting to make sense of German words, well, i might find myself giggling like a school girl if i ever try to learn the language. ;)

Another gooder is his choice of pic for his elf ;) That face is exactly what i envision when i think of an elf with 17 Charisma.

[ March 24, 2005, 07:28: Message edited by: Celesialraven ]

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

German is just an evil sounding language :p

Must applaud that person who did Ocarina of Time in under five hours...

15. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31

There are some guys who finished "Maniac Mansion" in less than an hour (the recording of that is also available somewhere...). ("Maniac Mansion Deluxe", actually. They are essentially the same, but "Deluxe" has better graphics and a later version of the SCUMM-Interface [like the one from Monkey Island 2, because actually ALL versions of the SCUMM-Interface are later versions of the one in Maniac Mansion]).

I think I should record how much time I need to finish "LOOM" in Expert mode. The game is short, but it still is a challenge to hear the correct notes. :D

@ Celesialraven: One of the english teachers at my school told us that she had to teach german to english girls, once. The first thing she had to do was get them to understand that not every word has an emphasised syllable. Some things just sound monotone. Apparently german is a softer language (with less emphasised words). However, german makes up for that lack of hardness by having a lot of words that sound like something square, or edgy (not round).

@ Aikanaro: It can indeed sound evil. Except if Johann Wolfgang von Goethe says it. He is a poet (well, he is.) He can even use curse words, and make it sound poetic.

16. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Not sure, but I reckon I could beat a few of those halo times...

17. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

I watched some of these videos a while ago. I recommend "Half-Life" and the "Mario 64 120 stars run". There's a new DoneQuickâ„¢ of Half-Life 2 in the making, several guys teaming up and playing every map for about a week until they get a perfect time. Their website can be found here.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.