1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can A Man Be Raped?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Elios, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Plain and simple. Now, I admit that the chances of a male being raped are far and few between, but it has happened and could happen.
    Even if a guy is saying no, and certain things, well you know, is he actually giving a signal to a woman of yes?
    So, in this case, do we still say that "no means no?" Even though simply saying the word no has been debated with women too.

[ August 26, 2003, 12:28: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

By other males, probably. By a female, only if he was tied up.

3. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Theoretically anything is possible even if it's very unlikely.

On the original point I do believe that no means no, it really depends on the person, some people may be saying it seriously but if you're giggling while you're doing it then I'm not suprised if people don't take you seriously. Anyways, no means no.

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well physically it's near impossible. As proven by the most recent rape here in Finland where a 14-yearold kid raped a 26-28 woman seemingly without even resulting to the use of any weapons. While it is true that a normal female is significantly weaker physically than a male, they could still put up quite a decent fight. Only mentally they're far more apt to rely on submission over agression. With males, this is completely on the contrary. Few would not defend themselves extremely aggressively.

And then theres' the "mental" side of it. The only reason why a male would really turn his back on free sex with a female would be the realistic chance for being affected with a sexually transmitted disease, or because of strong sense of loyalty to one's partner.

So it can be done. Only it requires rather harsh methods to do so. Certainly for a beautiful, healthy young woman it's nearly impossible to "rape" a man. While in the case of a male it hardly makes a difference even if he was the most attractive male on the planet and used the most gentle methods for his deed.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Sure they can be raped. Everything is possible with a good set of chains.

Now, to be serious.... yes, I do believe this is possible. I probably could say quite a lot on the subject but I'd prefer to not to.

In fact, I don't think I can't really say anything that would not go way out of line, so I'll justt state my opinion.

Yes.

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

It can happen -- rare and strange, but possible. Many rapes are not physically violent, but other methods of coercion are used. Yet it is still wrong and it is still rape.

7. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Elios

Apparantly you've never seen "The Shawshank Redemption." ;)

8. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A man can most certainly be raped by a female, if she puts a gun to his head, and then...well, use your imagination. Scary stuff!

9. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

A man has to be "excited" to have sex - otherwise nothing happens.

... however, a man can be raped by another man or a woman wearing a strap-on by sodomy.

I'm actually sorta disappointed that the pedaphile priest that was killed in prison the other day wasn't raped before he was strangled to death. Oh well.

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    OK, I feel as if I am gonna be violently sick unless I get these visions of paedophilia's and gay raping out of my mind :sick: . Thanks Guys, lol

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Other than sodomy it's not really technically a rape, as Cybermancer hinted above. There are exceptions though: a man might get excited despite not wanting to, in some cases it will work even under circumstances that would normally make it impossible for him to sustain erection. Sometimes a man won't want to have sex because he is being threatened - as a matter of pride, never mind that he's excited anyway. Sometimes, also, a man will refuse to have sex even if he's excited. And when he can't refuse, it won't necessarily un-excite him. That's rape still. Desire doesn't count, will counts. Sex against will is rape, no matter what. It only looks a bit different.

12. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Does anyone know if it has happened before?

13. chevalier

Media:
    It has happened. There was a loud trial in US.

14. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I've heard of this story that happened two decades or so ago, dunno if it's true though. A group of rapevictims (women of course) ganged up on a rapist who got set free because of procedure errors during trial, and they sorta kidnapped him, tied him up, and kept on jerking him off until he ejaculated blood. Messed up his hardware forgood.

Not sure if you can call such a thing rape though.

15. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Like most of the above replies, I also think men can be raped. As long as he is being coerced into it against is own will. So IMHO if he gives consent and allows himself to be tied up, then no it is not rape because he gave consent. But if he says no and still gets tied up by force (he'd be obviously trying to struggle and kick free) , then yes, it is rape.

16. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

It must be kinda embarrassing to be raped by a woman :p

I seriously laughed out loud when I read about a guy who was raped by a woman, in the newspaper.

ouch :eek:

17. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

A-yup. Prison.

18. chevalier

Media:
    Wait... a man raped by as many as one woman? Come on... Just how? Not every man is as big and strong as I am, but still... ;)

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    See the movie "thursday" and you'll believe that it is possible.
    (It's sort of a pulpfictionish movie)

Edit: general edit...

20. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Technically, for the action to be rape, penetration must occur. Given that, it's difficult to imagine how a man could be raped.

Most of you seem to be referring to simply being forced into sex, in which case, yes, a man can be raped. It is less likely, but possible.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.