1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Call me stupid, but...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Yerril, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

The cursor in the game moves SO SLOWLY!! It's unbearable! Am I being stupid and missing a speed option somehwere? Please, enlighten me, do.

2. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You can adjust the scroll speed in the last page of the options menu-there are tabs at the top-(but apparently if you put it on 5 there is a bug, but 4 should be fine), I don't know if this is the problem you mean, if not then sorry for a useless post :)

3. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

The scroll speed is fine, its the cursor I'm worried about. When I move the mouse, the little arrow moves really really slowly. It's making it very difficult.

4. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Actually, come to think of it, I might have heard something about this in another thread. It seems that due to the constant copy-protection CD checks that the game can sometimes just lose it's refresh rate entirely-at the input end I mean, not on screen, I'm aware this isn't technically the refresh rate.

Again, I could be wrong, but your best bet is to either wait for the patch (as always) or to download some independant software - this is how I fixed the lack of gamma control.

OOH! OOH! ...I did experience this problem in BG2, before ToB came out, but only in the character screens, and I heard the same thing talked about morrowind - agin only on inventory etc. I believe it had something to do with certain video cards, and that by changing certain options it could be corrected, (not view distance, this was one in Morrowind but doesn't apply to ToEE/BG2, of course :) ) I'm sorry but the specific options you have to change escapes me, but I hope that this narrows it down a little at least.

Again, sorry if I'm just leading you on a wild goose chase :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.