1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Butterfly Defect

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Dice, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I rented the new release dvd Butterfly Effect a couple of nights ago. It did have a few mechanical glitches (which I seem to notice quite often in movies rented from Rogers Video) but what hit me the most with this movie is that it was very STUPID.
    *spoiler
    How on earth can someone with a regular hand have no lifeline?!?
    It is amazing how some movies can get so much hype and what they really boil down to is crap soup. In all honesty the idea of it had potential but there wasn't really any attempt made at making it believable. Oh well.

2. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I don't look to movies to have real deep and interesting plot lines. It's kind of cool when they do, but I really don't care about anything as long as it keeps my mind occupied for 2 hours.

I liked it. I thought Thumper was cool.

And what does this mean? I watched the movies about 4 hours ago, and I don't know what it means: "How on earth can someone with a regular hand have no lifeline?!?"

3. Dice

Media:
    Actually I liked Thumper too. There were a few things I liked about the movie and he was one of them.

What I was refering to about the "no lifeline" was the part of the story when the main character went to a psychic with his mother and the psychic told him that he was not supposed to be alive because he had no lifeline. This lead his mother into telling the story about how she had two still births before she had him and that she considered him to be her miracle baby.

Although I liked the original concept of the movie I felt that the writers/producers really didn't make the concept "believable". The idea that he didn't have a lifeline was pretty ridiculous unless he was born without a thumb and didn't have the ability to manipulate the basic muscles of his hand.

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Hmmm... I must've either fell alseep, or not paid enough attention because I don't even remember any psychic in the movie. He was hypnotized and then blood spurted out his nose...

5. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The scene with the psychic was only in the directors cut version of the movie, in the theatrical release the scene was not included.

6. Dice

Media:
    My mistake. I never went to the theater to see it, I just rented it.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have the DVD release as well and have just seen the Theatre version. I actually found the movie pretty cool. Sad ending though :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.