1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bug problems, Microsoft Runtime Library crashes...

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by The Gatekeeper, Nov 16, 2007.

1. The Gatekeeper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I've been having alot of trouble playing torment because it keeps crashing when I try to go to another area in Sigil, it saves, then the loading screen freezes and it crashes, error says abnormal termination runtime library...

Any suggestions? I already patched the game, not running any mods...

Edit: I looked into this a little more and tried one of the community compiled patches for PS:T that claimed to fix alot of things 1.1 didn't and it seems to have screwed up alot of the spell effect GFX blocks and sprites, Instead of displaying the spell effects all you get are big blue blocks that expand as the GFX effect would. Some of the higher level spells don't even work due to broken override references (assertion error).

Seems kinda messy, I just reinstalled this too, **** is still pretty buggy...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Do you have the 2 CD or 4 CD version? If you're running the 2 CD version, it is already patched, and you shouldn't install the version 1.1 patch (it will in fact corrupt the game).

There can be problems with reading from the CDs. You can solve them by doing a complete install:

• Create a new folder on your hard disk, e.g. C:/Games/Torment/CDs.
    • Copy the content of CDs 2, 3 and 4 to this folder. Some files exist on several CDs so you can click Yes or No when asked if you want to to overwrite them.
    • Edit the Torment.ini file (you may want to create a backup first, in case something goes wrong), so the lines CD2, CD3 and CD4 point to this new folder:
      • CD2:=C:bad:games\torment\CDs
        [*]CD3:=C:bad:games\torment\CDs
        [*]CD4:=C:bad:games\torment\CDs

Hope this helps! :)

3. The Gatekeeper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I have 4 cd version btw, very old ****...

But anyway it does seem to be a problem with either C++ runtime version, or my new drives aren't reading the CD's properly (due to skipped files during installation). I didn't notice any errors like that however, I screwed around with what little I know about the infinity engine but to no avail, I'll try that manual install tomorrow not sure wut kinda difference it'll make though. We shall see... thx for your advice regardless.

4. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I have the 2 CD version, and for some reason, after I had played for several hours, the camera suddenly stopped working normally in the building that I was in. It wouldn't move with the characters, making moving around a bit of a problem. I managed to get out of the building, but the problem was still present in other areas. Any suggestions?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.