1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bug! help!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by PrincessSuzie, Dec 22, 2003.

1. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I think I have a bug on my game.. last time I've played I've rescued Windspear's child.. and Anomen wasnt talking to me forever so I tried talking to him and he was complaining that he is disappointed in me for not rescuing Windspear's child.. but I already have rescued him! And so I started whole game again and @&#%@&# same thing happens! Any one know how I can fix this??? ( I did talked to Garren Windspear after I've rescued his child.. and Anomen seemed to be happy with me before I've rescued the child) Last talk with Anomen was about that he is worried about his test.

[ December 22, 2003, 08:50: Message edited by: Beren ]

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Few questions:
    - When you killed the party upon entering Windspear Hills and Garren invited you to his home, did you actually enter his house and talk to him? Did you promise him help?
    - Ok, Anomen is unhappy, but did you talk to Garren again after rescuing his kiddo? And also what happens when you return to Athkatla? Are you attacked by members of the Radiant Heart on the streets?

3. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31

1. He did invited me to his home yes. And I went inside and said I will help him.
    2. And yes I talked to Garren after I've rescued his kid. And I didnt went back to Athkatla.. because it is 2nd time this happened I wanted to talked to Anomen straight after I've rescued the kid and yes he complained just like last time.
    3. It didnt happen once.. like I was romancing Anomen but in hell I did something wrong and became evil so I started game again. Then the bug started happen.. its 2nd time its happening and if I load game same thing happens. If I do whole quest again, doesnt make any difference. Anomen is still mad at me. Whether I've finished quest or not.

[ December 22, 2003, 20:14: Message edited by: Extremist ]

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31

You're romancing Anomen?
    Then it could be linked to that. Check this out:
    SoA Romancing Guide

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  5. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31

I've already read that... and ok
    1st time I romanced Anomen and I rescued garren's child. No complaints at all. But in Hell I did something wrong and in ToB I became lawful evil. Not that it affects romance with Anomen but I wanted to be a good alignment. So I restarted game. All over again. Everything went all. But when I was going to that island.. with Saemon computer just reset itself, and from there on it started to get screwy. Anomen said that I am a dark-flame(which means that he is in love) but after that he never talked to me so I talked to Anomen and he complained that I did not rescue Garren's child! It was way after I've rescued him. So I thought.. ok.. I will reinstall game and start all over. And I did. But when I've rescued garren's child(after I've started all over and wasted few good hours) I was curious if that bug is gone. So I talked to Anomen and BANG! there it is. The same bug...
    I really dont know what is wrong

6. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Extremist might ream my hide out for this, but it's the only thing I can think of (and at PrincessSuzie's request by PM):

Check your variables in the savegame using Shadowkeeper, specifically ...

Is there a variable for the rescue of Garren's child? Maybe it should read at something other than zero.

Is the variable for Anomen's Romance set at 3? That might mean the romance is gone. Try resetting it to 2.

7. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31

we how do I use shadowkeeper and where can I get it...? and whats this variable thingos..?? I dont understand.

And would there be a way to let this not happen again? I mean.. if its only fixed temporarily.. that means it would happen again if I start game again right?(well though I doubt i will restart game... *sigh*) would there be a way to fix it once and for all?

[Edited the quote, Suzie check it up how does something get quoted here: press the edit message button - Ex]

[ December 22, 2003, 20:19: Message edited by: Extremist ]

8. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Shadowkeeper is a tool that allows you to edit your savegames. It's available here on SP in the games section. The events that have occurred in your games are recorded by "flags", or variables.

For example, the variable I'm the most familiar with ( :love: ) is the JaheiraRomanceActive one.

JaheiraRomanceActive=1 means I'm still trying to woo a certain half-elven goddess with sandy brown hair.

JaheiraRomanceActive=2 means I've succeeded, and gone all the way with her.

JaheiraRomanceActive=3 means the PC was dumb enough to blow it.

There should be a similar variable for Anomen. If you can bring it from 3 to 2, I'm guessing you can bring his romance back on track.

Shadowkeeper has been known to cause problems in the past. Speaking only for myself, I've never experienced them. But I guess it should come with a "Buyer beware" label or something.

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

As opposed to using ShadowKeeper, you could just use the console:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("AnomenRomanceActive","GLOBAL")

I doubt it's a problem with that variable however. You may just have hit the last lovetalk.

You force-talked Anomen? AFAIK, it should be impossible to manually talk to any party member without mods installed.

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Just a sec, there is someone named Saemon mentioned there?
    Um, Suzie, what does the romancing guide say about the romance in that game chapter? I have a feeling that you still haven't got to chapter 6, am I right? ;)

11. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31

yeah but still... why would Anomen complain about Garren's child? I mean... I did rescue him! And we romance isnt active yet.. he is not even judged at order.. doesnt he fall in love fater he pass/fail the test?? I dont think its got anything to do with Saemon...

Oh and someone suggested me to get erm..
    Infinity Explorer and Shadow Keeper and use those to figure out the problem and edit your game to fix it. He said: Infinity Explorer allows you to look at the scripts and dialogues and to find out where the problem is located and SK allows you to edit some of the variables to possibly correct the issue. I would start by looking at what the criteria are for Anomen speaking that particular line, if possible. However, I should warn you that it is a time-consuming process and may, in the end, not be fixable.

There's also the possibility that it doesn't matter in the long run and that continuing on normally may let everything work out okay.

Where can I get those programs? And er.. is it easy to use? I really dont know close to nothing about computer.. >_<~

I just figured out how to use console.. ^^;

[ December 22, 2003, 23:50: Message edited by: PrincessSuzie ]

12. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Umm, you do know that you can save your game at any point, right? And that you can make as many different saves as you want, and keep them all, right? And that you can restart the game from any save, right? And that the game autosaves at various points even if you don't save any on your own, right?

13. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31

I call it a bug because when I've loaded game and I talked to Anomen and omg he complained that I didnt rescue the child. Ok and this happens like this:
    1. I've loaded the game and it was before I've even met Garren Windspear and Anomen complains that I did not rescue his child. I was like wtf? we didnt even meet him yet!
    2. So I went to windspear's hill and rescued child. And talked to Anomen again. BANG! same thing happens -_-
    thats why I call it a bug..

14. Beren

Media:
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  15. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Thank you!! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.