1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

bruises

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Arahar, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

does anybody know how to remove unsightly bruises such as those received by football, and the carnal sports(ie hickeys)??

[ November 04, 2004, 16:41: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  2. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Time, time and time! Not such a big advise though.... The hickeys you can hide underneath a scarf or a high-neck shirt... Afterall, it is almost winter....

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    And why would anyone want to remove hickeys? Honestly, I wouldn't...

But let's stick to the topic. You're going to need professional help to remove scars and other marks that stay. Those impermanent ones that would disappear on their own can be helped with creams and other such.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Chev
    probably so his/her parents/siblings wont see :D

A friend of mine went with a gauze pad that had betadine on it so when his mom got wise and had a look he said that the hickey was just betadine coloring :D

An ice pad always helped with me, don't know if it was actually effective though :)

5. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    With a bruise you can push the bad blood awa from the area, it might hurt if its a realy sore bruise, but just massage the bruise in the direction you want to send the blood, if you massage the area for around 10-15 minutes, you will notice the bruise slowly fading away.

6. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I asked one of my roommates she swears this works. I have my doubts though.

Freeze a spoon, place it so it's suctioned to the hickey, and let it sit there. When you remove the spoon, the hickey's all gone

Whats with hickeys anyway...do people have to mark their territory like animals?

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, since a bruise is just a bunch of burst cappilaries, about the only thing you can do to make it go away is what Dalveen suggested...either that or go back in time and prevent it from happening in the first place. :rolling:

8. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Emm make up? Foundation will hide things like that.

9. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

It's actually possible to get rid of hickey's with a syringe. Doc's won't tell you this though :p

Apparently all hickeys are are dead blood cells, and you just sook 'em out with the needle.

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    What in Gods name is a 'hickey'?

Like a love bite?

11. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@Barmy Army, yes Hickey = love bite

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, sometimes. ;)

13. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I bloody hate love bites. They look horrible.

14. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

what started out as a small bruise on my shoulder from playing football went uphill to a large bruise that has crept up my neck from my g/f trying to kiss it and make it better. Fortunetly, I could care less about the bruise but I'm not allowed to have any visible scars/tattoos/bruises at my place of work. And guess what, the spoon theory does work just not that well. It will fade the bruise till it's almost not noticeable but with this bruise(about the size of my hand) it just doesn't work that well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  15. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    LMAO@ Barmy Army - I love the way you say what you think lol :grin:

16. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Well it depends on WHERE you've got the, um...bruise, doesnt it?

You could just bandage it, and say it was a football injury...which it WAS. Originally. :D

Or if you've got it on your neck or something...I dunno. Ask your g/f for some foundation and cover it up.

17. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

What kind of nazi place do you freakin' work at?!

18. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I agree. Isn't that discrimination if you get in trouble for scars and bruises?

I mean, I can see tatoos and piercings, because you decide to have them put on your body, (unless you have one too many :beer: ). But scars and bruises are usually not a concious decision. At least, I wouldn't think so.

19. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I think a love-bite is a concious decision. The things are just damn well pointless, something 14 year old virgins get up to because they're too shy to buy condoms.

20. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

@ Jaguar: LMAO, I hope not.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.