1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Britney Spears and her baby

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Sydax, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] This looks dangerous to me so I post this here, if I'm wrong, sorry.

Britney was caught driving with her baby on her lap,you can see in the photo that her bodyguard is using the safety belt but she isn't; here, you could go to jail for that and you surely get your driving licence out for 2 years, for driving without the safety belt on you get fined with 100€, you get fined even for using the mobile while driving, knowing all this, why people insist on doing that over and over again and yet complain when get fined?

I hope Britney would get what she deserves for put her baby in danger like that. And of course, because if you or me are caught doing that, surely will end up on jail.

2. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think you just have a fantasy about her in a women's prison :)

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well, the U.S. has a national law that you have to wear a seatbelt, and also a national law that you have to keep small children in safety seats. I think it's children under 50 pounds have to be safety seats. If you aren't wearing a seat belt, it's just a fine - no prison, no license suspended. I don't think that there is a prison term in the U.S. for not putting your child in a safety seat either. There is definitely a hefty fine, and you may get your license suspended, but I don't think you can be sent to prison. This just proves what we already know though - some people just should not reproduce.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, it's dangerous.

Yes, it's stupid.

Yes, the baby could get seriously injured or killed in an accident (which is the ultimate punishment for a parent).

No, it's none of your business.

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Sorry, you can't put people in jail for stupid; believe me, I've tried. :grr: Even Jacko didn't get put in jail for deliberately dangling his baby out the window (not to mention that naming the kid Blanket was a crime in itself :shake: ). That photo should get her some hefty fines (which she can easily afford) and a lot of negative publicity (though they say any publicity is good publicity). Overall, this will probably be a good thing for her, and that's what pi$$es me off the most.
    Amen to that. :pope:

6. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Some people just need a swift kick to the noggin'. Britney is one of those "You-know-the-world-has-problems-when-an-idiot-like-THIS-is-able-to-become-rich-and-famous" cases. Has anyone actually listened to one of her recent interviews? It's like trailor trash meets Paris Hilton.

7. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

It looks like that little problem is going to take care of itself.

8. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Well, you get fined for: driving without the safety belt on; for using the mobile while driving (one hand on the wheel, the other with the phone); and we have a system: you get your driving licence with 12 points, so whenever you get fined, they take you out some points, 1 for first minor infraction, 3 for second and so on with 3 points for not using the safety belt, whenever you are out of points, you get your licence out and to get it back you have go to a driving school for a month and of course a big fine; kids until 4 years old have to have their own chair in the backseat and if you get caught driving like Britney, you get the licence out for 2 years and you get to go to jail for a minimum of 2 weeks just for the danger of such action to the kid.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Not restraining your kids in the car when driving is unforgivable .

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Now, now HB... I can think of many things people do to their children that are much worse.

11. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    There are no words to describe what an incredibly stupid thing to do this is.
    I have never, ever had Jack in a car without a car seat. I just hope she wasn't wearing a seat belt over the two of them, this is even more dangerous than just having the child on your lap :mad:

But then Britney Spears isn't exactly renowned for her intelligence is she?

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

T2Bruno, of course there are worse things you can do to your kid, but every time I see parents driving past with their kids on their lap, it makes me want to hit them. Every couple of weeks there is a story in the paper about some baby that has been killed after flying through the windscreen in what would otherwise have been a minor accident.

Properly restraining your child takes all of 10 seconds. I still think that not doing that is inexcusable. Who is in such a rush that they can't spare 10 seconds to buckle their kid up?

13. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Well Britney is for example. She later claimed there were press hounding her and being aggressive (or whatever that means? Hitting her with their cameras?) and so she drove off in a hurry. The press claim otherwise. Even if they were hounding her she could still have buckled the child in it's seat.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.