1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Brilliant spell sequences that may or may not be considered cheezzzy...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Mystra's Chosen, May 10, 2004.

1. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Like Faraaz's thread, this is for those (long) spell sequences that might be considered extreme cheese. For example: A mage/thief + Mislead + Improved Invisibility on clone + Improved Haste + Spell Immunity: Divination + Belm. (Backstab of 4 time per round at something like 50 damage each hit.)

Please add whichever ones you know.

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, this one is well known (and similar to MC's, but great for F/M's), but anyway:

Impr. Haste -> Impr. Invis. -> SI: Abj -> SI: Div

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    One of my favorites is:
    Spell Trigger: Mislead -> Protection from Magical Weapons -> Spell Immunity (Abjuration)

Durring later in the game, I like to use:
    Chain Contingency: Simulacrum -> Spell Turning -> Protection from Magical Weapons

They work prety well for me. :rolling:

4. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I must say I'm rather flattered MC! :)

Anyway...here's another one (though this one is definitely very difficult to implement)

Fighter/Mage...Time Stop+Improved Alacrity+Greater Whirlwind Attack+Smite

This works!!

Also, you might want to try a Mage/Cleric with Stoneskin+Protection from Magic Weapons+Spell Immunity:Abjuration+Fire SHield (your choice of color...blue recommended)+Globe of Blades+Aura of Flaming Death.

ULTIMATE STAND-ALONE TANK...literally. Just let this character with this spell combination (use triggers, sequencers, whatever) stand around...and watch the chunks fly.

Also...another rather obscure one I used on occasion with my Blade with Celestial Fury +5 (improved upgrade mod) and Crom Faeyr was Blur+Mirror Image+Stoneskin+Protection from Magic Weapons+ Mislead x 3 (use a trigger)+Improved Haste+Tenser's Transformation. (Have the Mislead clones all sing Improved Bard song)

Kensai's are blind mephits compared to this tank!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

These are a few combinations from the FAQ I am currently working on...if anyone wants more, lemme know! :)

Edit: edited for typos and grammar.

5. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

The only problem with that last one is that you'd have to use a scroll of spell trigger (as a Blade can't get higher than level 6 spells), but regardless I'd say that is the ultimate in brilliant/cheezy tactics. I would use that for Improved Abazigal for sure. You could bloody take on the whole lot of em by yourself! Nice work Faraaz :)

Oh, and if you don't post more, I'll be disappointed. :p

6. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

A small thing I realised quite a while ago on one of my innumerable solos with a Sorcerer, was that a single Spell Immunity : Abjuration renders you immune to ALL spells that can take your combat protections away...thats right...pile them all on...and NO ONE can touch you.

That's immunity to Dispel Magic, Remove Magic, Spell Thrust, Secret Word, Breach, Lower Magic Resistance, Pierce Magic, Khelben's Warding Whip, Pierce Shield, Imprisonment (nice fringe benefit), Spell Strike ( :eek: :eek: :eek: ).

Hence, today's lesson for all those potential spell-hurlers out there...learn to love Spell Immunity:Abjuration!

Also, it might be a good idea to slap one of these babies on before you try implementing some of my other more ..er...ambitious combos!

Cheers! :thumb:

Edit: Apparently, because no one else has posted on this thread since my last post, I have to edit my previous post. So here goes...

NB: This combination is from the other thread, "takin on Demogorgon" by Khaavern. I figured it should work, tried it out on Demogorgon about half an hour ago, and can very assuredly say that this works. So...if you plan to take Demogorgon on with a solo high level Sorcerer any time soon...this bit's for you.

Time Stop (to keep those annoying demons at bay) + Improved Alacrity + Pierce Shield x3+Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting xX(how many ever you can spare) + Dragon's Breath (again, how many ever you can spare but save 2 lvl 9 spells) + Improved Alacrity, should you run out....
    (This last bit is if the above bombarding doesnt work...)

In your second Improved Alacrity, Protection from Magic Weapons + Protection from Petrification + Spell Immunity Enchantment + Spell Immunity Evocation + Improved Haste + Shape Change (Illithid) ... then hack away at Demogorgon...

Those buffs SHOULD keep you alive while you wail away at Demogorgon...and hopefully, suck all his brains out and spit them out on his corpse.

More coming shortly...

[ May 16, 2004, 09:16: Message edited by: Faraaz ]

7. Rudiger Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

About the spell immunity: Abjuration,
    Ray of reversal is, IIRC, Alteration. So it would get through. I don't know how many opponents chuck it at you though.

Back on topic,
    I'm sure that it's old news, but I'm having lots of fun with
    Prior to a fight casting Chant and equipping ranged weapons then opening the fight with,

GM+Minor Sequencer(Web+Stinky Cloud)+Insect Swarm.

followed by Chaos and, well, whatever else you feel like really.
    I used this to get Celestial Fury today without anyone in my party taking any damage at all. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.