1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

book and movie characters in dnd..

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Trypt, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Trypt Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Some of the obvious characters I have created and played with have been R.A. Salvatore characters.. Here are them and some movie heroes that I tried to convert to DND even if they are from modern times..

You all know about Drizzt and Zak and Artemis etc. i won't get into those much, but I will show you how I compare them at full level..

Drizzt fighter16/ranger1/barbarian1
    Artemis fighter12/rogue4
    zaknefein fighter20

Then I tried to create some movie heroes and compare them to these guys.. I will feature two of my favorite heroes from two different movies..

1) John Preston from Equilibrium (played by Christian Bale), amazing film.

Human Grammaton Cleric
    Lawful Good
    Fighter17/paladin1/monk2
    STR10/DEX22/CON14/INT12/WIS12/CHA20

special abilities: weapon finnesse - Grammaton Katana, DEX bonus instead of STR for attack.
    Feats: any, but Whirlwind attack is a must (and all prerequesites).

Weapon: Grammaton Katana +5
    if used One Handed:
    attack +5
    damage 2d4+4
    AC bonus +5

if used Two Handed
    attack +5
    damage 2d4+6
    Parry - attack bonus +2 (penalty reduced to -2)
    - AC dodge bonus +2 (total bonus +4)

I could go far more into it, with all the feats and items, but I want to know if anyone knows this character at all, if so then we can continue.

2) Wong Fei-Hung from Once Upon A Time In China (played by Jet-Li), amazing films

Human
    Lawful Good

well, basically he's a monk of level 20 or more (you gotta see this character fight in the movies), but he is level 10 monk with levels from prestige classes which I have created, you can see them at:

http://members.rogers.com/trypt/dnd/index.html

Wong Fei-Hung would most likely have most classes from the Shaolin Fist prestige class.. but Jet Li has done many other characters, notibly from The Evil Cult (excellent movie), which would be a combination of my Ki Master and Dragon Stance prestige classes. Tai Chi master is Jet Li's character in Twin Warriors.

Check them out.

2. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You really should do people from Romance Of The Three Kingdoms... Guan Yu, Lu Bu, Zhao Yun, Dian Wei, Sima Yi...

3. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You know, I don't think the majority of the populace of sp know what romance of the three kingdoms is, much less the characters. That could make things difficult...

4. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31

I don't give damn, and yes I know, most people don't know, but who cares...? Maybe by an off chance someone does... Don't be such an ass...

5. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Out of curiosity, does anyone actually directly use those characters in a campaign?

6. Trypt Gems: 3/31

Thanx ladies.. listen, I am still in the process of making John Preston a full DND character.. he will be like I said, a 20th level fighter/paladin/monk.. i'll post his full stats, equipment and abilities soon..

btw, for those who don't know Equilibrium, go out and rent it or download it NOW! its a definite GEM..

7. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31

Ladies? Just what do you mean by that?

@Nick the goth my point is why not make some one like neo, or the guy on kung pow, or, I don't know, the terminator.....some body that every body knows and enjoys....anyway, feel free to make your own versions of those people....I nor anyone else knows enough about them to make them or appreciate them....

8. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The Romance of the Three Kingdoms was one of my favorite novels ever, so I'm glad to see others here who've read it. Not exactly characters, but in the same vein, I'm planning on including The Unforgiven from the Kushiel's Dart series (Only good part of those books :rolleyes: ). One of the great things about DnD is that, and I know it sounds cliched, but that the game's only limit is your imagination. And, thanks to the Planes and the Multiverse, now you can justify these characters popping up in your campaign. You know, aside from DM's fiat.

9. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31

He's doing the guy from Equilibrium, most people on SP haven't seen that I would guess... So what is wrong with suggesting something equally un-known...?

10. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31

Nevermind......

11. Trypt Gems: 3/31

Well if you haven't seen Equilibrium, then run out and go see it.. It will be a pleasant surprise compared to the crap that is comming out lately..

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.